TK-Tom's Not So Excellent Adventure - ANH Stunt TK Build

TK-Tom

Next up tomorrow night, I will finish off my torso tweaks. Painting screws white, shortening the back plate to kidney plate elastic, installing sound setup, and replacing chest to back velcro-elastic with snap plates. This is something that I felt like I needed/wanted, to keep the parts closer together. They go on the lower corners of the chest and back. Had it working on my first fitting and I liked how it felt and how I moved around things stayed put.

So I made the snap plates to replace velcro.

TEQ9HZD.jpg

Lastly, I needed to stretch out the stiff as a board Anovos Holster. So I worked it with my hands and left a soda bottle in it for days now.

Need to fit my HFX E-11

mOkkfzK.jpg

My fans have been running for ~2 hrs now and still going. Should work great.

Thats it for tonight folks. TK-Tom out~

Edited by TK-Tom

Helmet pics - just need to mount wireless mic (hoping the fans will not be a problem, being so close to the mic)

4yGEGC1.jpg?1

cDfT3js.jpg?1

mU9248K.jpg?1

Ql15yco.jpg?1

A919qwg.jpg?1

5VgAinB.jpg?1

Can you tell I am a rookie armor builder? The inside of the bucket just does NOT look professional, but it is functional and fits me.

• Like 1

If I were you , I'd lose the foam at the back of the helmet . You will need the helmet to be as far away from your face as possible, to allow air circulation . Foam at the forehead pushes the helmet forwards , which is what you want .

If I were you , I'd lose the foam at the back of the helmet . You will need the helmet to be as far away from your face as possible, to allow air circulation . Foam at the forehead pushes the helmet forwards , which is what you want .

I finally got the bucket to fit me correctly, won't make any changes until I troop a few times to see. But thx for the tip!

• Like 1

Ive I've been working on my padding as well today. What a nightmare getting it right. I think I may have to tweek it but I'm going to hold off until i do the chin strap

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, it was a pain for me because I did not have the proper padding to start with, and I tried my hardest to make it work. Regular 1" foam did the trick

• Like 1

5b8aba596d58c0b44fca8f22e1f4f80c.jpg

This is my set up, I'm still not 100% happy with the padding but I'm going to wait until I install the chin strap before changing anything for now.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your helmet looks great inside. Most people paint it black in there so when kids try to perk up under your chin the cannot see much of anything.

I would say you have passed the rookie stage of building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Last of the last, torso bracket screw painting, rivet painting, last snap plates installed. Only thing left is to E6000 those bracket screws to keep them in place, and mount the iCOMM and Aker amp. I got my ext cable to eliminate feedback. Should be submitting pics by week's end!

jFJL4pP.jpg?1

3QVuC0W.jpg?1

I added some cable holders. Still not really happy with fan system though. Will be making a change. The 2 USB power packs in the back of the helmet, prevent me from looking down, the helmet stays up. I have to hold the helmet if I want to look down. So I will most likely change that setup to 1 USB charger to two fans to lighten the load. If I have to, I will use 1 rechargable 9v battery for two 5v fans, that will make it really light weight

1NvmDRa.jpg?1

Edited by TK-Tom

One other note., I did notice some issues with torso snap plate gluing with E6000. While it did not warp or disfigure my armor, it seemed like there is a very slight bulge on the opposite side of the snap plates. You have to be very very close to see it but it's there. So if you are gonna glue metal to ABS, put down some painters tape between the metal and ABS. Just to be safe. I only noticed this on my butt plate

One other note., I did notice some issues with torso snap plate gluing with E6000. While it did not warp or disfigure my armor, it seemed like there is a very slight bulge on the opposite side of the snap plates. You have to be very very close to see it but it's there. So if you are gonna glue metal to ABS, put down some painters tape between the metal and ABS. Just to be safe. I only noticed this on my butt plate

That's the darnest thing. I've installed 100s of the snap plates with E6000 and have never had this issue. I wonder if it the snaps I use. I use either Fasnap or DOT.

Hmm.  I used E6000 and Tandy Line 24 on Anovos, and didn't notice any warping.  I'll have to take a closer look when I have time; perhaps there is a small amount that was unnoticed?

• Like 1

Hmm.  I used E6000 and Tandy Line 24 on Anovos, and didn't notice any warping.  I'll have to take a closer look when I have time; perhaps there is a small amount that was unnoticed?

Yep, small and unnoticed on mine before I looked specifically for it. Not bad at all, but I know its there. Will try to let the OCD go over this one  ;)