Keeping the backplate against your body....

So I replaced some parts and am upgrading my old mon cal TK.  One issue that I still have that is kinda baffling us, is my backplate isn't sittnig against my back, it kinda just floats and if I lift my arms or from the side you can see inside the back of my armor and see that it's not sitting on me.  Tried tightening the straps from the back to the kidney plate, but that causes issues with the backplate getting caught on the edges of kidney plate when walking or making things worse while moving as it slides out or behind the kidney plate.  Want to maybe try tweaking the shoulder straps to see if they can pull it closer to me, but still think it could be an issue with the mon cal back armor being smaller than some makers?

Does anyone do any strapping or add anything to help keep the backplate up against their back and reduce back gap?

So I replaced some parts and am upgrading my old mon cal TK.  One issue that I still have that is kinda baffling us, is my backplate isn't sittnig against my back, it kinda just floats and if I lift my arms or from the side you can see inside the back of my armor and see that it's not sitting on me.  Tried tightening the straps from the back to the kidney plate, but that causes issues with the backplate getting caught on the edges of kidney plate when walking or making things worse while moving as it slides out or behind the kidney plate.  Want to maybe try tweaking the shoulder straps to see if they can pull it closer to me, but still think it could be an issue with the mon cal back armor being smaller than some makers?

Does anyone do any strapping or add anything to help keep the backplate up against their back and reduce back gap?

A picture is worth a thousand words  ;)

• Like 1

I dont have straps from back to anywhere but chest. The back is floating on your back and is really just held in position by where your upper prongs are connected by thr white strapping over shoulder to chest. If its floating out at the botton then its to tight at the top and your shoulders are the fulcrum. Either that or the back plate is deformed.