Torx Screws...Which type?

I know the Button Head version is used on the F11D.

My question relates to the whether the screws have the small dimple in the middle of the head (some refer to this as a security head Torx screw) -

8v0rsaP.jpg

Or should the standard Torx screws be used - 

4v05nXF.jpg

I know the fixing kit with R2Dan's holster has the security type screws so I'm guessing these are the same screws to use in the F11D aswell? It's hard to tell from some of the F11D pictures posted.

Thanks

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

I have absolutely no idea! 

I personally used screws with no security pin because it requires special keys that I didn't have to tighten them ;)

Edit: added image

26855710.jpg

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 5:02 AM, The5thHorseman said:

I have absolutely no idea! 

I personally used screws with no security pin because it requires special keys that I didn't have to tighten them ;)

Edit: added image

http://i35.servimg.com/u/f35/12/31/04/96/26855710.jpg

HI Germain,

Sorry but can I clarify the screws used on the blaster as the pictures above have confused me.

I know the middle picture is showing 2x Button Head Torx screws for the holster attachment...I get that...That's all good.

The pics at either end appear to show Button Head Socket screws -

88oKRvf.jpg

These screws use a stand allen key to tighten them and have no middle security pin. 

I'm using your instructional PDF file as my basis to build my Dday kit and the screws are referred as Torx.

Can you confirm if all the blaster screws (except the two holster attachment) are of the type I have pictured above (Button Head Socket screws).

Thanks 

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021

You know what? The more I look into it, the more I'm not sure about them being TORX. Here's another one from my refs where I think I see a TORX:

Image not recoverable

But to be very honest, I'm far from being 100% sure about it. I kind of assume it's TORX because that's what they use in many other places, but I might be wrong. Socket screws could the be correct choice in fact.

• Like 2

Well, i've been looking more attentively and it seems like the inox screws are TORX while the black screws are socket head.

12787110.jpg

I'm not familiar with the INOX screws?

I'm looking to order the correct screws needed to finish my build asap.

Any chance you can elaborate on your findings....

I know for sure the holster attachment screws are TORX...

The other screws used on the blaster are black button head type ???

I also wanted to clarify with you about the 3 screws used on the front grip on top of the rubber material. I'm using your pdf file as my basis to complete the blaster but I haven't seen other people's blasters completed with them in position. Also are these silver and not black and again TORX?

Thanks Germain...Sorry if I'm asking alot of questions.

Oops, sorry, by "inox" I meant "inoxydable" which is french for "stainless".

To be honest, screws are very prone to changes on the originals. Some blasters have stainless screws at one place when others have black screws at the same location. For example:

the-fo11.jpg

My feeling right now is that:

- When using stainless screws (silver ones), they should be TORX.

- When using black screws, they should be socket screws (allen).

On the first blaster above, the three screws underneath the forward grip are stainless, so I guess they should be TORX

• 4 weeks later...

It comes with instructions sent by makers of the kits. I think you're seeing references to the PDF given to anovos tfa kits for the holster.

• 2 weeks later...