Kevin's ATA helmet build

kevin926

I'm currently working on 2 E11's, one for my son (pvc/doopydoos) and mine is a scratch build aluminum. The boys blaster has been completed and I'm still working on mine. So during my down time, I have been reading up on the best fit helmet for me and decided on the ATA bucket. The helmet has been ordered and on its way, however I have some questions for you regarding upgrades and helmet liners. I really like the look of the hero and I believe I'm going in that direction so are there any parts like the lenses or mics that would be better suited for upgrade, or are the stock parts the way to go. I have been really impressed with the look of these buckets shown here on the build logs, so I won't be surprised to find I don't need to change anything. I am curious about the lenses though. I keep seeing upgrades in lenses so I'm wondering if that is a common upgrade. Also I have been reading up on real movie buckets and I have seen them with decals. You can see the white paper on the tube stripes but you really have to look and have a good photo to see it. I was leaning towards airbrushing however I believe I will go with decals. So, who is the go to decal source, should I use any upgrades and if so, where do I look, and finally, what helmet liners will work for these helmets. Thanks in advance. Kevin

I wish I can help you a little more, but I created a stunt bucket from AP. I am unsure where you can find bubble lenses for the hero, but www.trooperbay.com should have the decals for your ATA helmet. Helmet liners are preference. I used CONDOR Padding, similar to these:

www.amazon.com/CONDOR-221055-002-Helmet-Pads-BLACK/dp/B00P1G6XTA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1466031953&sr=8-16&keywords=Helmet+Padding

• Like 1

The difference between the hero and stunt armor are pretty subtle differences, but there are some so make sure that you research what they are. This way you know what requirements you need to meet.

Check out different helmet insides, especially with your Garrison, so you can figure out what you would like to put in the liner.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The difference between the hero and stunt armor are pretty subtle differences, but there are some so make sure that you research what they are. This way you know what requirements you need to meet.

Check out different helmet insides, especially with your Garrison, so you can figure out what you would like to put in the liner.

so the hero lenses are bubble slightly and stunts are flat if I'm seeing this correctly but hard to tell from photos. I did see the difference in the decals. Again, photos on the PC screen make it harder to see, but am I missing anything else. Thanks

I wish I can help you a little more, but I created a stunt bucket from AP. I am unsure where you can find bubble lenses for the hero, but www.trooperbay.com should have the decals for your ATA helmet. Helmet liners are preference. I used CONDOR Padding, similar to these:

www.amazon.com/CONDOR-221055-002-Helmet-Pads-BLACK/dp/B00P1G6XTA/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1466031953&sr=8-16&keywords=Helmet+Padding

I did see the decals but I wasn't sure what set fits ATA helmets. May sound silly but I noticed different names for each set.

This might help:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37729-hero-v-stunt/#entry502659

so the hero lenses are bubble slightly and stunts are flat if I'm seeing this correctly but hard to tell from photos. I did see the difference in the decals. Again, photos on the PC screen make it harder to see, but am I missing anything else. Thanks