TK-88406 Reports as Ordered

Greetings all. I was approved back in April, but didn't have enough posts until now to update my status in this thread. I'm not a prolific poster. 

In 1977 I was 13yrs old and when I saw Star Wars the first time in a theater I knew I was going to have to have one of the costumes one day.  Of course marketing wasn't then what it is today, so you really couldn't get your hands on stuff unless you were connected, or a great fabricator (of which, I am neither).  I found out about the 501st a few years ago at Rose City Comicon. They had me sign up for the local garrison forums, and got me connected to whitearmor.net.  

I wished I had lots of build advice, or stories to tell about my build, but I just didn't have the time or the space to do my own build. I wound up having my build commissioned with RSProps.  I feel like a slouch, and too unworthy to apply for EIB or Centurion because I wouldn't have earned due to my own efforts. I have such admiration for all you that have done your own builds.

Besides, ultimately, all I really cared about was getting active in the 501st, and it's charity efforts. I wanted to get trooping.

As silly as it may seem to some for a 50+ yr old man; Getting my armor, and being able to troop with other members is a childhood dream come true. 

Brian

• Like 6

Nothing at all silly about it, Brian.

In fact, I'd question anyone over the age of 45 that isn't a fan boy where Star Wars is concerned. It was just such a huge part of the global cultural environment in the late 70s.

Thank you for taking the time to sound off! We're happy to have you - and we'd be equally happy to have you join us in the EIB and Centurion ranks. ;)

• Like 1

Coming from a man in his mid-40s, I can assure you're not alone in your childhood dreams coming true with the 501st. Welcome!

• Like 1

Hey Brian, welcome fellow trooper! Your never too old to be a stormtrooper. I myself am in my mid forties and I'm sure that's average for around here. And don't shy away from EIB because you didn't build it yourself. It you think it's up to snuff, go for it! Not everyone builds everything themselves. Many commission things they can't make themselves. We all help each other. Troopers helping Troopers. Good luck and happy trooping!