ANH Stunt build MTK

I thought today would be a terrible day. I did something to my back and could barely move. I even left work early because of my inability to lift heavy objects and move without pain shooting through my back and neck. At home and trying to rest this appeared in my driveway.

832143323e5d2e5b999667da4fdc469d.jpg

Looks like I'll be trimming today instead of resting.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There you go. That will take your mind off your bad back. Good luck with your build!

That's what I thought. Being hunched over my table cutting plastic isn't very comfortable but it's worth it.

• Like 1

afd1ea1e9be5c2cf4d88dfc3149409fd.jpg

Soldiering through the pain I have been able to trim the forearms. Next, I will cut the 5/8 inch cover strips and glue together with E6000.

e35d5aa82b61dc19b8fcde20a54f0c15.jpg

While waiting on E6000, since I didn't buy a ton of clamps before I started, I began the helmet. You can see my ATA peeking in the background. Having done the ATA helmet first, I am much more confident trimming this. I'm not looking forward to lining up the cap/back to face. That was my least favorite part last time. I may just put the helmet on the back burner and continue with the armor.

Make sure you get a bunch of magnets for the coverstrips. Then you can glue a few pcs at a time.

I have some magnets but they don't seem very strong. Sorry, I didn't take a very good picture but there's a couple magnets on that one.

I used about 50- 1/2" rare earth magnets. Very strong but fragile. I wrapped blue painters tape around them leaving a tail of tape to help separate them and to not scratch armor.

I used about 50- 1/2" rare earth magnets. Very strong but fragile. I wrapped blue painters tape around them leaving a tail of tape to help separate them and to not scratch armor.

Dang, 50?! I found 6 not so great magnets at Lowe's and thought I'd be good. I should have just ordered them on the interwebs.

Plus keep a check on coverstrips cause sometimes they creap out of position especially with squeeze clamps.

I did notice that when I was putting them on. I will have to check them periodically, thank you.

I'm trying to decide on a method to fix the crack. I have read acetone in the crack to bond the sides together, jb weld, I thought maybe super glue? If anyone has had experience fixing cracks I'd like to hear how you did it.

37d267aefbd3cc229cfc4ea384b1f73f.jpg

So I'm far too impatient to wait around for e6000 to set and decided I'd go the super glue route. I will just have to be very careful with it and make sure I want to put that thing there before I glue.

e96ae4994e4bafdc2829f4b4504b2352.jpg

Put the biceps together and trimmed the thighs. I have to say this glove most certainly saved a finger yesterday. While I was scoring my blade slipped and hit my ring finger, I mean it hit it HARD! Was sure I cut into the bone, but when I took the glove off all I had was a slight red mark. Phew, almost had a permanent shocker hand.

Nice build!  I got my MTK on Thursday and I've been hard at work as well!  On the shoulder bell, you might try injecting a sliver of superglue and clamping tightly.  One question I have -- what's the size of the tube for your TD?  I'm going to Home Depot today and need to pick one up.

Nice build! I got my MTK on Thursday and I've been hard at work as well! On the shoulder bell, you might try injecting a sliver of superglue and clamping tightly. One question I have -- what's the size of the tube for your TD? I'm going to Home Depot today and need to pick one up.

I got a 2 inch diameter black tube. The smallest piece I could find was 2 feet long so I cut it down to 7 inches and painted it with grey krylon. With the end caps it comes out to 7 1/4 inches. I did super glue the shoulder bell and it's just a little noticeable. I might try sanding and polishing later.

Edited by DeceptiSean

7649984894f14c4f56e0aee7c67d8a5c.jpg

Put the front cover strips on the thighs. Going to wait on the back until I can figure out how to fit them on my own or wait until my girl can help. Then there's the added challenge of explaining how to do something I'm not quite sure how to do. The keen eye may be able to discern that I had a difficult time lining up the bottom ridges. I might have to get creative to try and hide that.

7b40e412d406d599c702fc58aecbba38.jpg

Trimmed the shins. The wonkiness of the shins is throwing me off a bit. I'm sure I have the right halves paired though. Think I'm going to call it a night. My hand kinda went numb from cutting with the shop blade for the past 3 days.