Nobody home...

AWOL

So it turns out my RS commission is ready for shipping but I won't be there, chances of my neighbours being in, slim...

Only one solution to the problem, collect it myself... if I can't nip in tomorrow or Friday if I'm passing I'm driving down to get it Saturday...

A trip to the mecca that is RS studios...

Don't be too jealous now

the force? oh I'll use the force, bring me a hammer...

There will be a few of us there on Saturday morning ( troopers that is ) but not many staff . Friday you will get to meet all the workers .<br><br>

Not a bad choice to have to make !<br>

Saturday you will get sneak advanced previews of several biker scout helmet member helmets.

Edited by Rob .T .

There will be a few of us there on Saturday morning ( troopers that is ) but not many staff . Friday you will get to meet all the workers .<br><br>

Saturday you will get sneak advanced previews of several biker scout helmet member helmets.

Aaaaha so you're the Rob I've been mailing!!!

Good to know but it seems it will have to be Saturday as I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow or friday...

Would have liked to have met the team as without them a lot of us would not accomplish our dreams, but heyho I'll be like a kid at Christmas anyway...

Look forward to meeting you, seeing the fabled trooper and of course getting my grubby little mitts on my holy grail, my armour...

Aaaaha so you're the Rob I've been mailing!!!

Good to know but it seems it will have to be Saturday as I have no idea what I'm doing tomorrow or friday...

Would have liked to have met the team as without them a lot of us would not accomplish our dreams, but heyho I'll be like a kid at Christmas anyway...

Look forward to meeting you, seeing the fabled trooper and of course getting my grubby little mitts on my holy grail, my armour...

No no .... I'm just a customer ! The Rob you have been mailing is the boss there ( the R in RS ) not me .<br>

Saturday mornings there are usually a few employees working ( depends on workload) and Rob the boss and Si the other boss will be in , plus myself and a few mates / customers / biker scout helmet contributors . <br>

Saturday is better for chatting , as people are more relaxed and the bosses aren't cracking the whip,over the employees quite so hard !!!! <br>

Plus you get a free factory tour !!! And you never know, the vac former might be working ...a fabulous sight .

Okily dokily, sorry for the confusion...

A tour would be most welcome though not expected, would be great to see where the magic happens and to meet any and all involved...

You've mentioned the scout helmets a couple of times and I know they do them but do you know if they're planning the full ensemble?

I've not even got this one yet but I already crave more lol...

More confusion ..on my part . The BikerScout Project is a charity group set up with Disney/ lucasfilm to produce 45 custom biker scout helmets for display and auction at Celebration in London this June . All proceeds are to the make a wish foundation charity .RS are sponsoring the project by donating 50 BikerScout helmets , and taking part in the builds . The deadline for helmets is now , and on Saturday several helmets will be being collected from RS studio for transport to London / Disney .

Everyone should hunt out and " like" the biker scout project on Facebook . Also, many helmets are to be revealed over the next week .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really hope I'll see my replacement RS Scout helmet soon too, especially because no email replies since 2 weeks ago. :(

That's not like them they're normally very quick to reply emails...

Just tell them to give it to me on Saturday and I'll get it to you myself........ eventually

we're of to see the wizards the wonderful wizards of RS

May the green lights be with you :D

Bit of an issue with the thighs being too long will put up pics later...

Hmm, that's weird. Did they make them too long, or did they blame your measuring? :D

I even gave extra measurements and told them I have short legs for my height...

They rub on the shins and the but plate at the same time...

I even gave extra measurements and told them I have short legs for my height...

They rub on the shins and the but plate at the same time...

Gutting mate, but you'll get there :)

Did you try it on down at the RS workshop? What's the plan?

Gutting mate, but you'll get there :)

Did you try it on down at the RS workshop? What's the plan?

Nah didn't try it on, I wasn't there long just collected it had a very quick gab and headed to see some friends to show it off...

Spent a few hours wandering round with two friends and was very happy with people's reactions but the thighs definitely need fixing, I could barely step up onto a bus with the floor lowered... as I said before they touch the but plate and the top of the shins so it looks like I'm going to have to trim about 2 inches off the top especially the back...

Sorry I missed you . The thighs are difficult to adjust ... They are a fixed length and that's it . The rear lips of the thigh and calf can be cut away ...check screen caps. <br>

Raising your leg to get up a six inch step is something many short troopers have trouble with .<br>

I'm sure you will overcome this with careful trimming , remember to check screen accuracy before cutting . There are loads of photos in the files on this site .

You can see here that there's no gap between the thighs shins and but plate, walking was possible but very difficult, the step on the rear shot I had to lift my leg sideways to get up it...

IMAG0072_zpsfij2dr2b.jpg

IMAG0065_zps4nkuuepo.jpg

I realise the shins were not fastened at the back and the thigh ammo pack is inside the shins but the shins pushes against the thigh if it's on right...

Edited by AWOL

Hmm... You should probably donate the whole thing to someone 6ft? (I'm 6ft, btw) :D<br><br>

No seriously, buddy, that's not on, is it? How tall are you?

5' 7"... it's definitely the thighs causing the problems, when I picked it up I was told if there were any issues to contact them but that'll have to wait till Monday now I guess...

Yeh, why not talk to them before attacking them on the Internet . <br>

It looks like you will have to have the top of the thighs trimmed , this will lose the return edge unfortunately . Also the bottom of the shins can be trimmed upwards . <br>

There's only so much can be done and retain screen accuracy . It's a compromise I'm afraid .

Excuse me? I've not attacked them at all! Just stated that the thighs are too long which is correct... I can't get in touch with them till Monday but people knew I was collecting it today so I posted...

Think your accusation of attacking them is unfounded...

• Like 1