Billsid29's AP stunt build!

Ok so I broke down and ordered the Anovos TK kit last May because well I always wanted to be a white plastic space guy so I took the plunge. Anyway while I waited for my TK kit to arrive I purchased a DD E-11 blaster kit and took my good old sweet time to complete it which I finished this past March.

ba1241f7-1998-490d-86c5-e9e528213083.jpg

Anyway after reading and following builds for almost a year now my Anovos kit arrived in February and after looking it over for a few weeks I decided to sell my kit and go with a vetted seller from the FISD which happened to be Mark and AP so I placed my order and now the wait AGAIN for another kit was on!

In the meantime my boots arrived!IMG_1605.jpg

Was very surprised how comfortable these are and the quality is amazing! :duim:

So I placed my order and received an email with my tracking number just over 4weeks later, super surprised as I thought it would take much longer. Anyway yesterday the brown truck arrived and dropped this off at work!

454f105f-f7c3-4daf-86fd-7b15e771ee3b.jpg

Didn't get a chance to open it last night due to baseball so tonight I'll rip it open and take pics of all the plastic goodness! :peace:

• Like 2

So I was able to get started last night and honestly I was overwhelmed once I sat down with a razor on my hand so here's the good stuff

Can't believe all this fits in this box!  Now I know who to call to pack my wife's suitcase when we go on vacation!IMG_1618.jpg

And let's not forget the spread the contents out pic

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

Question to all you AP TK's  the trim for the brow and neck trim are they the same? My kit came with 2 pieces of brow trim no S trim not sure if I need to contact Mark or not.

More parts

IMG_1621.jpg

My build space, nothing like having 2 projects going at once good thing is theater's almost done.

IMG_1623.jpgIMG_1624.jpg

Here's my tool box I think I have almost everything I need to do this! :duim: IMG_1625.jpg

So I wanted to start with something easy so Sniper plate it is! Well not as easy as I thought I trimmed to the best I could but wasn't sure about how thick the return edge it on it so I let enought that I can trim it back if needed. Any pointers? What's the actual size?

IMG_1627.jpg

You can see the edge on the bottom it's thick I wasn't sure the actual width it should be.

IMG_1626.jpg

Same here I left some extra in case but I'm thinking this needs to be smaller.

Next I was feeling good so I tackled the shoulder bells same here I left a little extra that I can sand away later.

IMG_1628.jpg

That was fairly easy so next was the forearms.IMG_1629.jpg

Now I didn't do any trimming for sizing yet but I  tried to put it on my arm and it's tight does this look right?

IMG_1631.jpg

I'm no hulk and my forearms aren't big at all but this looks odd does it need a hot water bath?IMG_1633.jpg

here's the other arm this looks better.

That's all for the night more tomorrow.

Any questions or comments  are welcomed! :D

Thanks Guys.

Edited by BILLSID29
  • Like 2

For s-trim, I got this from gazmosis, get it from http://www.weberspump.com/. F ind the menu on the left and go to "window ad glass rubber" click on that  R102 is the "s" trim. I think I bought like 6 feet for cheap and I have plenty left over. It's cheaper than other places and it's the exact same thing. 

• Like 3

For s-trim, I got this from gazmosis, get it from http://www.weberspump.com/. F ind the menu on the left and go to "window ad glass rubber" click on that  R102 is the "s" trim. I think I bought like 6 feet for cheap and I have plenty left over. It's cheaper than other places and it's the exact same thing. 

Thanks Jason! :salute:

Congrats on the AP kit! It's a beauty.

As far as your arms... nope, no hot water bath needed just yet. I did do a water bath on mine, but not until after almost everything was put together.

Sniper knee looks good... I would not take any more off until after your shins are assembled. Then you can tailor it to the shin.

Keep the pics coming!

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 1

Haha! Seems like you and I have all the same questions. I felt the same way about the forearms as you did. I rough cut everything so when I tried them on I even got some "bites" on my arm that now look like I have an issue. Lol Oh well, live and learn. I'll be following this thread and watchin ya for tips and help!

Edited by zv288bot

Gary, Thanks for the input :jc_doublethumbup:  keep it coming!!

Jorge, same here I've ruff cut the forearms and they "bite" like crazy and they're super tight to try on which makes me real hesitant to cut anything of them!

case in point here's my forearms I've measured them to 7.5MM and taped them at the cut line does this look right to you guys?? :duimomlaag:  :duim:

IMG_1637.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1635.jpgIMG_1634.jpg

This was all I did last night with the NFL draft on and not sure of myself I just wasn't feeling it to do more. I think this is right but with the temp fit as tight as it was I am just super hesitant to cut anything. 

Thanks for your help!

If you need more room, give yourself more room. Try to keep the front 15mm and increase in the back as necessary. You can even do 15mm but gap it, the cover strip will hide the gap but give more room. Use a inner cover strip for extra support. 

If you need more room, give yourself more room. Try to keep the front 15mm and increase in the back as necessary. You can even do 15mm but gap it, the cover strip will hide the gap but give more room. Use a inner cover strip for extra support. 

Thanks for the info Jason! I really think the issue I have is that the forearms are more oval than round. After I read your post I took out my cloth tape and measured my forearm at the widest point and it's at 13" so I would think they should fit no problem, right?

Jason second guessing the hot water bath been working on the forearms and biceps and nothing fits can't get the forearms on at all and the biceps fit but the second I start to bend my arm it pops apart!! I could understand if I was overweight but I'm 6'3" 230 and my arms are not big in the least. Completely bummed right now after researching other builds of guys much bigger and having no issues.

I honestly don't think my arms are "swoll" but apparently they are bigger than a Britt from the mid 70's. Start off removing some return edge little by little. I ended up taking mine all off on the biceps and forearms. If you still need more space. Remove the rear cover strip, Put it back on but gap the armor. Meaning, you won't go all the way to the edge of the ridge. This will give you a little more room but still use the 15mm cover strip. If you need a lot more room you'll have to use a larger cover strip, just always try to keep the front the standard cover strip and only increase the rears if need be. 

Sorry for the slow reply on my end... was a busy weekend of trooping.

On to the important stuff!

Your tape/cut lines are right, but as Jason said, you can leave a bit extra on there. I had to cut mine to have 18mm strips on the forearms, so that I had enough room to work with. As long as the strips are 1) not a lot off of recommended size, and 2) scaled on all parts (meaning if you go up 2mm on the forearms, consider going up 2-3mm on the thighs/shins) - you should be golden.

In my case, I had to go from 15mm arms and biceps / 20mm shin front and thighs / 25mm back of shins to 18mm / 22mm / 28mm.

I would recommend taping the forearms together, and take a pic with your arm in it. Hopefully we can see the overlap (if any) and make recommendations from there.

Same applies for the biceps.

Don't get discouraged - we all had to make adjustments to fit the kit, and it will be well worth it in the end. :)

We're here to get you there.

Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 1

Gary,

Thanks for the reply the cut lines are actually 8MM I thought I did 7.5mm but I remeasured them last night i think I did the 8MM so I could sand them and not lose anything. My concern was the return edge is supposed to be hidden by the cover strip,right? So if that's the case the cover strip will need to be wider to match,correct.  I've cut one forearm and one bicep at 8MM and neither one will work for me so I asked Tony (aka  ukswrath) for help and he said I could widen the space on the cut pieces and put a shim on the backside to accommodate the opening. I'm going to try a mock up of that and see if I like it if not I will see if Mark will sell me a new forearm and bicep. Here's a pic of the forearm taped up at 8MM or 16MM total.IMG_1642.jpg

would it pay to try and do a hot water bath see how it's not really roundIMG_1639.jpg

More ovalIMG_1644.jpg

At 16MM I can't even get my hand thru the wrist opening and as much as I hate to say it I have small hands :laugh1: IMG_1643.jpg

If you look at some of the screen worn references, you'll notice there are some variances. Some will have some of the ridge exposed (especially on the thighs), whereas some are flush with the cover strip. The most important part in getting approved is making the armor fit you correctly while looking like what a stormtrooper is supposed to. Not everyone has the build of a 70's Brit. 

If you look at some of the screen worn references, you'll notice there are some variances. Some will have some of the ridge exposed (especially on the thighs), whereas some are flush with the cover strip. The most important part in getting approved is making the armor fit you correctly while looking like what a stormtrooper is supposed to. Not everyone has the build of a 70's Brit. 

So get my forearms to fit and say they are 25MM edge to edge and my biceps are 30MM do I use the 15MM cover strip and leave the edge exposed or do I go with a 25MM cover strip to match the forearm and not worry about the bicep? I know I'm being a PITA but I'm hoping for centurion and want to make sure I do this right.