Getting Started traditional Storm Trooper outfit

Torm

I'm new and also I know this question has been asked a lot . I am 5'9 165 pounds athletic build . My hope is to join the 501 and I need a Storm trooper outfit. I will need a outfit that is of great quality so I can join . I have been looking at Anovos outfit tho I not sure if this will meet the standards of the 501. Any help would be great

Welcome Steve--from your soon-to-be-Garrison's PR Officer! :)

The Legion standards are reflected through CRL's (Costume Reference Library) and all vetted armour makers make armour that can reach that level if it is put together to fit YOU. It should be said that you're a perfect size for many of the armours out there, including Anovos, as the original actors were roughly your height and weight. I'm not sure why Anovos is not on the vetted armour list yet. Maybe because it is so new? Rest assured, it is a decent set of armour and will be undoubtedly be added at some point.

All armour kits have their own peculiarities and vary in availability, price and sizing. Feel free to PM me here if you have some more questions about specific kits. I will do my best to help you out....

• Like 1

I'd also encourage you to join our Garrison's forum, as well. There are a number of members that likely live near you that would be happy to help out in person. When you eventually get your armour, there are often "armour parties" where people bring their gear they're working on and help each other out. That local information will be on that forum....

http://outerrimgarrison.com/forums/index.php

Hey Steve and welcome to FISD! Take a look at that getting started thread that was provided by Hugh. That will have most of the information you are looking for. All of the various armors fall within a wide range of prices. TM and RS on the higher side and ATA, AM, MTK on the lower end. They are all great sets of armor. Just make sure you do your research before making your very important purchase. It will be a big monetary commitment and you want to be happy. Good luck!

To tell you a bit about myself I am interested in doing something for the community . I have been involved in toy runs for kids for Christmas as well as working with the D.A.R.E program . I think this would be a new exciting way to put a smile on people's faces