Weathering

allan1313

So what is the best way to weather my E-11? I have some bronze paint for the scope and some silver paint for the rest. I have heard "dry" brushing is pretty good but have never tried it.

6d8c9927a7a4dfb6d3cbe2e47b9d2a24.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use a couple of different techniques, I coat first with silver before the black then use steel wool on anywhere that would get rubbed, scratched. I have also used dry brush and sponge to add silver to the same areas.

I weathered mine using a few paints, the body is flat black then painted dry-brushing with flat steel and aluminum. The scope was hollowed out painted black, then spray painted bronze then a semi gloss black lightly applied and wiped and worn off on some areas. The Tracks are semi-gloss black no weathering same for the grips. The replica hengslter counter was washed with an acrylic black.

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2016 at 5:52 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

I use a couple of different techniques, I coat first with silver before the black then use steel wool on anywhere that would get rubbed, scratched. I have also used dry brush and sponge to add silver to the same areas.

Damn...I only primed mine then painted black. The DLT-19 I am working on I plan to use a base of silver before the black.

Did you use the sponge like the dry brush?

On 4/13/2016 at 6:02 AM, TKZombie said:

I weathered mine using a few paints, the body is flat black then painted dry-brushing with flat steel and aluminum. The scope was hollowed out painted black, then spray painted bronze then a semi gloss black lightly applied and wiped and worn off on some areas. The Tracks are semi-gloss black no weathering same for the grips. The replica hengslter counter was washed with an acrylic black.

--------

That looks very nice. I didn't have weathering in mind when I started so I am trying to figure it out from the flat black I have it painted now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed