My 3D printed DLT19

elleerre

Started some months ago, I've managed to have it completed for the last Cartoomics 2016, held in Milan last March.
My intention since the beginning was to make a super accurate version, despite the fact I never had a real one available, so the research with pictures and diagrams was intense.
I'm going to make silicon moulds and a kit for some guys in the Italica Garrison.
Here it is...

post-20010-0-02097500-1461262083_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-65018200-1461262200_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-39354600-1461262202_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-74053800-1461262205_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-61393000-1461262207_thumb.jpg

post-20010-0-59066500-1461263310_thumb.jpg

Other pictures here (Facebook album)

Enjoy!

Edited by elleerre
  • Like 2

Do you know what file this was printed from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are all 3D models made by me using pictures and dimensional references found online Edited by elleerre

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.

I'm going to make silicone moulds from the parts you see in the pictures, to have a resin kit, black color. The external barrel is an aluminum pipe and the goal is to have (more or less) as many movable parts as the original MG34 weapon, always taking care to the final strenght of the whole thing.

In the pictures you cannot see it but the front (barrel) and the stock are removable for easy transport. The bipod is removable too exactly like the real one. It's empty inside so one could fit electronics and so on.

By now I have 4 orders from my Italica Garrison's buddies.

I would like to produce a 3D printed kit but it takes too much time and will cost too much. It's a shame because the weight of this baby is virtually none, the resin kit will weight a bit more.

Edited by elleerre
  • Like 2

Awww. Darn, well keep us posted about the resin kit I know they can be heavy. Another trooper from Australia was telling me about his and said it weights like 7 kgs!

I'm going to make silicone moulds from the parts you see in the pictures, to have a resin kit, black color. The external barrel is an aluminum pipe and the goal is to have (more or less) as many movable parts as the original MG34 weapon, always taking care to the final strenght of the whole thing.

In the pictures you cannot see it but the front (barrel) and the stock are removable for easy transport. The bipod is removable too exactly like the real one. It's empty inside so one could fit electronics and so on.

By now I have 4 orders from my Italica Garrison's buddies.

I would like to produce a 3D printed kit but it takes too much time and will cost too much. It's a shame because the weight of this baby is virtually none, the resin kit will weight a bit more.

Awww. Darn, well keep us posted about the resin kit I know they can be heavy. Another trooper from Australia was telling me about his and said it weights like 7 kgs!

At this moment I cannot say how much the final weight will be, but since many parts are empty and since it sports the aluminum pipe I think mine will be under 7 kgs for sure. Let's say around half (3,5)?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I want to say this is probably the best DLT-19 I have seen minus it being a deactivated MK34 and reworked. Simply STUNNING!!! How Much would a 3D printed one cost me? I have been researching these for about 2 months now and yours seems to be, "BY FAR THE BEST". The empty space in the receiver would be a great spot for any and all electronics you chose to put in. Blaster Master on Facebook has a pretty much drop in kit that would be fantastic. Let me know how much and how much time it would take to get one just like what you have. If it isn't too astronomical, I think I am game...

I want to say this is probably the best DLT-19 I have seen minus it being a deactivated MK34 and reworked. Simply STUNNING!!! How Much would a 3D printed one cost me? I have been researching these for about 2 months now and yours seems to be, "BY FAR THE BEST". The empty space in the receiver would be a great spot for any and all electronics you chose to put in. Blaster Master on Facebook has a pretty much drop in kit that would be fantastic. Let me know how much and how much time it would take to get one just like what you have. If it isn't too astronomical, I think I am game...

Thanks for your kind words, Kennet.

I decided not to make 3D printed copies because it will be too expensive in terms of money and time.

There are better alternatives around once you reach higher prices.

This said, I'm going to make silicon moulds from it and a resin copy in black color (so you haven't to repaint it).

If you are interested I'll be happy to keep you informed about news and prices.

Edited by elleerre
  • Like 1

Great job on your blaster. You are a 3D artist! The details are fantastic.

Thanks so much Randy!

There's still a lot to do for sure, and I have always to take care about the structural side of the project, so some details are a bit different from the original.

Add that I've made everything without having a real one (or a replica) so for sure something is wrong.