HTML coding appearing in posts

hdtheater

When I copy/paste into a post I get html markup coding in my posts. It happens on my iPad and desktop computers. I have tried both Safari and Firefox browsers and the problem continues. This does not happen on other sites and seems limited to whitearmor.net so far.

I'm not sure if you know anything about html but essentially <br> is the equivalent of 'tab', so something in the process of copying and pasting just makes it do that. No problems with the code, apple products just have a hard time communicating with this site. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you know anything about html but essentially <br> is the equivalent of 'tab', so something in the process of copying and pasting just makes it do that. No problems with the code, apple products just have a hard time communicating with this site.

I'll admit I know enough to know that's what it is. :)

The thing is it shows up when I use Firefox on my PC too.

• 1 month later...

Can one of the web folks look at this issue? It seems to happen on various mobile devices. I'm using an Android phone and an iPad. Same thing happens.<br><br>

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pandatrooper

The site simply does not play as well with mobile devices in particular.

We're also currently in between web-masters so I'm not sure that much can be done about it right now, unfortunately.

To stop it happening with an ipad...  

Click the icon in top right of browser (looks like a square with an arrow pointing up)
Choose 'Request desktop site'.
Then compose your post. You shouldn't have any of the HTML shenanigans.

• 1 month later...

Good info, I too was puzzled when my introductory post was full of stuff like <br> and &

What I have seen is that a lot of folks have posted just fine from what appear to be (Android) mobile devices using Tapatalk.  I'm an iOS user though.  Can anyone confirm if this helps get rid of the issue on either platform?