AM 2.0 Armor?

I am brand new to this so I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I saw that AM 2.0 armor is made for larger stormtroopers and would like to buy this armor but there's one thing I'm not understanding, does AM stand for something? (Abbreviated?) Is 2.0 a particular armor? What exactly is shimming? I want to be a Stormtrooper in the worse way but the lingo is intimidating as I have zero clue on how to proceed. Also, do you need to be a handy man to build the armor? How handy capable do you need to be? What if you don't have the tools? What tools are needed? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the FISD Anthony! You should head to the getting started section and start there. That should answer some of your questions. Good luck!

Welcome, Anthony!  Questions, questions, questions...  Well you are in the right place, sir!  I'll start out by letting you know that AM is for Armor Master.  They make a great quality kit (it's what I have), and shipping is usually fairly quick... usually less than a month.  This may seem like a long time, but some take up to 6 months+.  Yes, it is designed where it can accommodate the larger trooper, but can be cut down as needed.  For instance, I am 5'10 and 155, and mine fits perfect.

Shimming is when you are required to add extensions to certain areas, depending on your size.  This does take a little extra work, but there are many tutorials and even more folks on here that are more than willing to help you should you need to do this.

And no, you don't need to be a handy-man to be able to build a set of armor.  Tools, definitely.  I have a complete list of items you will need, (including tools) in this thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/which should help you.

The real key in your TK journey will come down to one word.... research,  (and lots of it).  There are a lot of GREAT build threads here that will give you an idea of the entire process from beginning to end, along with photos and detailed instructions, and a plethora of folks here to answer any questions you may have... (it's kinda' what we do here).

Also, you didn't state what area you are in, but many Garrisons and Squads hold "Armor Parties", where a bunch of senior TKs get together with new folks to help them out.  I also have a thread about those, located here  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36164-what-is-an-armor-party/.

You might want to consider taking a look in the "Advanced Tactics" sections at the EIB (Expert Infantry Badge) and Centurion submissions as well, to see just how far you can take your armor toward screen accuracy.  These are not required levels, but definitely something to think about aiming for!

My advice at this point would be to start your research in the "Getting Started..." section, as many of your questions will be answered there, but know that we are available and here to help.

Welcome aboard Anthony Joseph hit it on the nail ! There are plenty of a.m. builds here . To answer your question not sure what a.m. stands for but 2.0 is his updated version that meets the 501 st approval for chest and back plate ! I'm 6'1"and 230 pounds I was able to build my a.m. kit without shimming the kit is wonderful I've also started a second kit which tells you something Research research research lots of reading you'll find all different types of techniques year find what's comfortable for you and take your time . Start a build thread get comfortable and off you go you'll get plenty of help throughout your journey good luck .

Thanks everyone, I am born and raised in Brooklyn NY and just moved to Garner NC (loving it fyi) while I wait for my new home to be built in Clayton NC. I am 6'3" and 320 pounds, built like a linebacker. I really really appreciate your help gentlemen, ever since I first saw the 501sr, I've always wanted to join and troop for charities and children. I have MS but I am completely mobile, so maybe I can also do a Multiple Sclorosis thing as well. But mainly I want to troop for kids, I feel as if they are our greatest blessings on this planet. Thanks guys and GOD bless.<br><br>

Tony