Radio's ANOVOS stunt TK first time build

Hey all! I'd like to preface by saying I appreciate all of the information and help on this forums by people like Ukwrath and the like. I'd also like to post-preface by saying I still have minimal idea of what I'm doing, and only have 11 days to build this suit before 2 more months of college! Gah. Well, here goes. This is end of day 1. All parts cut and beginning the fittings. I suppose the next thing to do is to glue some front cover strips tomorrow and begin the trimming to my frame after that dries.

0319161940_zpsg6wwh5yh.jpg

Edited by RadioactiveMicrobe

Thanks! Not much work today so far. 

I cleaned up the eyes a bit. 

received_10201482580503165_zpsucjlchgq.j

But for the most part I'm terrified of cutting this armor up to fit my body and potentially screwing it up! It all seems to fit, but I'm still nervous I'll be cutting too much away.

This is where I think the forearm fits me. I don't have to trim the top part, but I did overlap quite a bit near the wrist.

0320161702_zpsgiydpzvf.jpg

Thanks everyone!

Skinny Troopers, I need your help! I have a lot of space between my armor and my body for the torso. I notice a lot of people don't trim, but it seems like I have A LOT of space to deal with with mine. Should I trim, and where?

Sorry, undersuit hasn't arrived yet, so you all get to see my workout shirt:

12903589_10208998659390564_1236360419_o_

Okay, I've compiled a full album of everything strapped up and multiple angles of how it fits. It fits better than I expected, actually, but I'm thinking maybe heat treat the butt plate a bit, and maybe cut down the abs a tiny bit?

http://s997.photobucket.com/user/RadioactiveMicrobe/library/Torso

I used the hot water bath method to get the ends of my butt plate to curve in more, otherwise they flared out. You look a bit skinnier than me but I have quite a bit of room in my armor as well. It helps when the belt is on tight holding everything together too.

• 4 months later...

Oh hey forgot about this topic, Well I didn't finish before I had to go back o finish the semester, then I had 2 cosplays I had to finish before their respective cons, but we've been full steam ahead since! I got some advice from some of the more slender troopers out there, and have been, for better or worse, barreling ahead and making progress. 

13950754_10202034667945006_736038964_o_z

Look if you squint your eyes, tilt your head, disregard the tape falling off and the peeling clear film, it kind of sorta looks like a TK!

These shins are beating me up. I sort of messed a but on the cutting, and while i was able to fix it, getting them to close correctly is a bit more difficult than what it should be. Because of that, the bra hooks may no longer be a viable method. We'll see once it's all dry!

13950879_10202034668865029_1104706367_o_