Earth Magnets to help with your cover strips

Hey guys,

I just wanna try and help everyone out.  I've been trying to find a person that is located in the US with a great price for earth magnets.  So i figured I would post the link just to help anyone out who is looking for them.

They are N52 and are 20mm x 3mm

If you use ROCKY in the coupon box you will receive 5% off

Here is the link

http://jc-magnetics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=84&tracking=56eb5a0ecc4b0

I hope this can help anyone who's been looking

• Like 4

I used these exact magnets, and found this to be the perfect size (for me, at least).  If you are using rare earth magnets for the first time, know that these things are strong, as in don't get your fingers pinched between them, (they can break the skin), and they will jump up to 6 inches to connect to each other.  TIP:  When separating them, you will need to slide them apart, and I suggest wrapping them in blue painter's tape, so as not to scratch your armor.

• Like 1

I used these exact magnets, and found this to be the perfect size (for me, at least). If you are using rare earth magnets for the first time, know that these things are strong, as in don't get your fingers pinched between them, (they can break the skin), and they will jump up to 6 inches to connect to each other. TIP: When separating them, you will need to slide them apart, and I suggest wrapping them in blue painter's tape, so as not to scratch your armor.

And they shatter easily if they jump towards each other!

I used white and black gaffer tape, with the magnets sandwiched between the tape, one colour for each polarity.

On 3/18/2016 at 9:42 PM, krazytrooper said:

I just clicked on it and it brought me right to the page. That's really weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yupp it's weird alright... this is what I get...

-----------

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 4 months later...

I got a couple of packs at Home Depot to have on hand for any future armor mods or repairs (my initial assembly was done with just plain old hand clamps).  It's true about them pinching you and breaking the skin; learned that the hard way LOL!!!  Turns out Altoids aren't the only thing that's curiously strong!  I'll have to remember to use tape around them when I use them on my kit.  I was wondering if they could possibly damage the plastic.

• 3 years later...