Any purchased AP armor - Out of the Box Ready to Wear version?

I just pulled the trigger on this and wanted to see if anyone else ordered this version, what your experiences were, did you have to still do a lot of mods to make it fit, etc.

I'm just a bit worried about how it will fit and what all I may have to mod.  Mark reassures me that sizing will be custom to me as much as possible and I don't doubt him, I just wanted

to see what others experienced who actually bought this version.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Well I haven't personally but have spoken to quite a few that have (bought pre-built) and the general consensus is unless you fit the armor to a "T" (which you won't know until it arrives :blink:) you might want to prepare yourself mentally and knowledgeably for some adjustments that may need to be made. Just to be on the safe side. ;)  

• Like 3

Well I haven't personally but have spoken to quite a few that have (bought pre-built) and the general consensus is unless you fit the armor to a "T" (which you won't know until it arrives :blink:) you might want to prepare yourself mentally and knowledgeably for some adjustments that may need to be made. Just to be on the safe side. ;)  

I would second this as well, i have heard the same about fully built (ready to wear) armors. AP does make a very nice TK, i also have one but i prefered untrimmed.  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

I will, hopefully be working on that notch this weekend - the plan is to slice the seam on the notch and push the un-used portion back in with a back plate on the inside of the armor - if that makes sense. This way there is only a small seam that can be concealed with abs paste - which can be sanded and buffed up.

• Like 1

I will, hopefully be working on that notch this weekend - the plan is to slice the seam on the notch and push the un-used portion back in with a back plate on the inside of the armor - if that makes sense. This way there is only a small seam that can be concealed with abs paste - which can be sanded and buffed up.

Ah I'd like to see that..sounds awesome.  But then of course you either lose the return edges or have to re-make em.

Ah I'd like to see that..sounds awesome. But then of course you either lose the return edges or have to re-make em.

I have a plan for that too - I will work on it tonight instead of this weekend and let you know

• Like 1

On 2/26/2016 at 2:26 AM, spyder560 said:

Thanks Chris, my biggest concern is the waist - kidney/ab/notch sections.  

I ended up taking almost 6 inches out of the ab kidney area as i got it untrimmed, as long as you tell Mark your dimension, they should be able to make it for that dimension no problem  

Here is a pic or 2 of the new Kidney piece and ab 

-------------

Since these pictures and my 501st approval after converting to Sandy, i did have to take another 2 inches out of them as they were overlapping when belt is on.. 

Hope this helps

Chris TD 42115

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

Thanks Chris for sharing that!  So even with that 'indent' showing, as long as the notch is 22x22 it should still be good to go with 501st approval?  Even at Centurion level?

I do believe its ok and passable as it is, have heard from several sources it would be ok (Belt hides it anyways), have seen some people fill it in. With your dimensions you shouldn't have any issues at all for fitting. 

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 1

I do believe its ok and passable as it is, have heard from several sources it would be ok (Belt hides it anyways), have seen some people fill it in. With your dimensions you shouldn't have any issues at all for fitting. 

Very cool.  Thanks again Chris for the help and pics!  Dang that armor is just beautiful, look how it gleans and shines!  Sorry I'm having a moment  :dance:

• Like 2

The kidney notch has just come out of surgery with only an approximate 1/8" seam to fill with abs paste. It will be in the recovery room clamped with E-6000 for the next 24 hours until paste can be applied

• Like 1

I was thinking, should I start a build thread even though I ordered the pre-built version?  Or should I just post the mods I may/will probably make in the Assembly Mods section?

May I suggest once you have your armor to start a "Pre-Assembled armor fitment modifications" or similar thread in the "How To" forums

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tips-and-howtos/ 

• Like 1