BBB is here!

Pledford

Since you are going for Centurion, it works in your favor, Phil, because the overlap construction is actually not allowed for that level, so you are golden.  The butt join just looks much better anyway, (in my humble opinion).  With the AM kit you will have to cut your own cover-strips using the ABS sheets that come with it.  Be sure to use clamps and a metal straight edge when doing this, and don't try to go fast or all the way through the plastic on the first cut.  Better to make a few shallow cuts and then you can usually snap it off.  Be SURE to sand the edges of the inside strips.  If you don't, they can snag on your under suit.  Also don't forget to sand the inside of the strips and the areas where you will be gluing, then wipe them down to remove the dust.  This helps the E-6000 adhere better.

Thanks Joseph!

I guess my biggest question has to do with the very 1st step which is fitting of the forarms.

I have determined which is right and left ( please correct me if im wrong but I think the right is the large U curve) 

Anyway, when trying to fit them which end do I look and measure to cut. (again I am assuming the inner since it has the most material) Do I draw my line in a similar way that one would have done with the overlap method? Or sort of like the AM 1 did?

I have plenty of blue painters tape and wanted to size and tape a forarm. 

any advice?

Phil

ok I feel like an idiot.......

2iiKW8I.jpg

I just realized I had not taken the return edge off of the front near the wrists yet.....ugh

OK I did that. Still needs a bit more sanded down but I have the idea now.

Im sure fitting will be much easier now.

Please ignore my previous ignorant post. LOL

I sized my AM2 forearms by establishing how much overlap there was, then trimming a point midway in the overlap, that way an equal amount came off each trim, I also reduced the elbow return edge to approx. 5mm, I kept that return size when I got to my biceps.

Once I got the elbow end of my forearm sized comfortably I began to trim the wrist size, I did this by gradually removing thin wedges, 0 at the elbow and various trims at the wrist, that way it shaped the armor better to fit the arm as your arms are not tubular, there more tapered to the wrist.

As with all trimming, tape is your friend, little trims are much better :)

When gluing together (I used internal cover strips first), match the elbow returns together, the wrist opening can be sanded level.

Hope some of all that is helpful :)

Congratulations...I'd suggest you look up this AM 2.0 build thread and you should find all your answers to your questions...

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32531-navajo-bros-am-20-stunt-build/

Your kit comes with 2 ammo belts and 2 sets of covers, let me know if you want to sell one of them, cheers!

Christina