Machinimax's Anovos ANH Build

Machinimax here adding another Anovos build thread to already growing list! This is of course to document my progress and make sure I'm doing everything proper for 501st approval. I've been working for a while now and finally starting the thread. My goal is Centurion but I will settle for no less than EIB after initial entry. However I'll cross that bridge when I get there. For now there is work to be done. First off, BBB!

image_zps1tw0bmle.jpeg

Very pretty! No tracking or signature. It just showed up the day it arrived! Woo hoo! Of course first out of the box was....

image_zpszdfqy9yz.jpeg

...the helmet. I absolutely love it but as you can see my friend FN-5792 is not to sure he likes the new guy. I definitely will be removing the Anovos head gear and will replace with padding. Any particular padding or manufacturer that you guys prefer?

Trimming came shortly after. I started with the right forearm.

image.jpg1_zpsyu7gtdud.jpg image.jpg1_zpspvurasyh.jpg

Obviously there is much more to go with these parts. Like I said these were the first two a trimmed and sanded and that was about three hours work across two days due to my inexperience. However I have gotten much more comfortable with the process and have found the techniques that work best for me. This was the result of about 2 hours work all in one night:

IMG_2648_zpstrfrer4v.jpg

The image you see are the rough cuts but each of those parts of now been cleaned up with the dremmel. Selfie time!

IMG_2646_zpsoiphjw2f.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic. That's what happens when taking a selfie in stormie armor with no glasses on and your opposite hand holding the armor in place. 

As far as trimming goes, I have another arm, the entire left leg, and the right calf left to go. I also have an order from Trooperbay on the way that includes a much sturdier canvas belt, the Centurion required rubber hand plates, and some shims. I might need to make some extra room. I will keep you folks posted as the build progresses. I can't wait to get fully armored up!

Edited by Machinimax

Look at these! Trooperbay latex hand guards and canvas belt.

image_zpsfmap7b42.jpeg

The belt is SOOOOOOO much sturdier than the Anovos one. I've already removed everything from the stock belt I just need to drill out the old rivets. 

Trimming is coming along. Only one thigh and the calfs left to go. I started doing some preliminary fitting.

image_zpsv6xselyz.jpeg

Feeling pretty good so far. Looks like I need to trim more of the return edge on the elbow side for better mobility. I have also decided to purchase my own under suit, in case I'm not a fan of the Anovos one. I picked this guy up for a steal at WalMart!

image_zpszls8u2ig.jpeg

What do you guys think? This will work, right? Next update we will take a took at the helmet. The last of my new helmet supplies should arrive tomorrow! :)

Edited by Machinimax
  • Like 1

So today I decided to do some helmet work since I now have all my upgrade goodies!

IMG_2665_zpsfzctptln.jpg

I tore everything out and started by cleaning up the eyes. Much better now. Sorry I forgot the "before" pic.

IMG_2667_zpsuliz3isj.jpg

Next I toughened up the bucket using the Plasti Dip and cheesecloth technique. This was actually kinda fun and I'll be happy knowing I gave the helmet I little extra support.

IMG_2669_zps3jnk7mbi.jpg

I now need to decide If I will put the lens back in the way Anovos had it or if I'm going to cut out smaller sections from the larger piece. More to come soon!