Velcro issues on greaves

Xybe

Alright, so here is my issue: I've been working on my ANOVOS kit, and everything is going swimingly... until I get to the greaves. I don't think this is what the rear velcro strip assembly is supposed to look like.

OwJKUCb.jpg

What tips/tricks could I use to make that cover strip, well, cover better? I was thinking of possibly bending it over with heat. Honestly, I'm SUPER green at this whole armor making and am kinda finding my own way as I go. 

Any ideas?

I believe there was a post on these forums about trying to fix the shape of shins by submerging it in a bucket of boiling water to soften it up, while it is tied closed. At least that's what I got from the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea a typical issue with this ANOVOS armor. I personally plan on giving mine a hot water bath after testing it out on some scrap, not exactly sure how it will effect larger areas. Anyways, if all goes well my goal is to bring a bit more of a curvature to the area. Probably won't be showing this on my build, don't want to give beginners the idea and have something backfire.

Hi

I used a heat gun for mine but be very VERY careful not to melt. It works great with multiple passes, stop and mold slightly with your hand using a cloth for insulation.

May go over it again

7a1f6e3b702f91ff0f39910c33092df7.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I'm having the same problem.  I taped and clamped it shut, so it was in the shape I wanted it to be in.  I used a heat gun on low, 15-20 passes, and didn't see much change in the shape of the armor.  I'm hesitant about a higher setting on the heat gun because I don't want to damage the plastic.  Aside from a hot water bath, is there anything else that's recommended?