Going Elite (not quite yet, but soon)

My gear meet most of the Elite requirements. These things I'm missing and I wonder where I could get them.

Blaster Details

* Folding stock (does not need to function)

* D-Ring on the end

Is really a folding stock required?, as none of the people in the elite approved screenshots have one on their blaster.

Side gaps must be closed.

* ALLOWED: Currently the use of a non-plastic shim is allowed to fill the gap. This is the least preferred method and may be dis-allowed in the future.Ideally the ab plate and kidney plates should touch, though at this time the use of a spacer or shim is permissable.

This should be easy to fix, by just getting some white fabric somewhere locally.

I read threads where they say you need white straps for the drop boxes, correct?. Shouldn't be as I've seen screenshots of approved elites having black straps (black looks better so I hope it's ok).

Sorry if I missread something somewhere and are totally wrong, I'm just asking nevertheless ;).

Kent , the folding stock doesn't actually have to fold out , just be there under the barrel . There are numerous ways you can do it .There are folk on this forum that make folding stocks . There are resin kits you can buy , or you could make it yourself .

To close the side gap , I think you would be better off getting a couple of strips of ABS or some other white plastic to do it with . It will look more like your armour than white cloth will .

I'm pretty sure that all of the Elite troopers so far have white elastic for their drop boxes .

Dave .

Kent , the folding stock doesn't actually have to fold out , just be there under the barrel . There are numerous ways you can do it .There are folk on this forum that make folding stocks . There are resin kits you can buy , or you could make it yourself .

To close the side gap , I think you would be better off getting a couple of strips of ABS or some other white plastic to do it with . It will look more like your armour than white cloth will .

I'm pretty sure that all of the Elite troopers so far have white elastic for their drop boxes .

Dave .

Oh, so the thingie under the barrel on my gun is a folding stock?

image55qy3.th.jpg

Silly me :), thought a folding stock was those things on the back which you have against your shoulder when shooting.

I agree, ABS look better than fabric, colorwise and all, but don't have any. So, fabric will be a temporary solution. I'll see what I can find.

Well, these guys are elite and I see no white elastic on any of them http://www.whitearmor.net/elite/... ok, now looking more closely, I see 3 of them that have white elastic, but others clearly have black. Maybe these pictures were taken before white elastic was a must.

All elite requirements but be meet by all elite troopers. When we re-word or update the requirements everyone has a grace period to get up to standard.

The white straps you are referring to are only on the drop boxes. Look through the elite application pictures, almost every trooper has white straps (probably all but one may have slipped through). I'm not sure what your looking at to say that only 3 have white, I know everyone of the last 9 have them and would have been denied elite without them.

Oh, so the thingie under the barrel on my gun is a folding stock.

Silly me :), thought a folding stock was those things on the back which you have against your shoulder when shooting.

They are one and the same . Thats why it's called a folding stock . It folds away when not in use .

100_0694.jpg

Folded

100_0684.jpg

Unfolded .

I agree, ABS look better than fabric, colorwise and all, but don't have any. So, fabric will be a temporary solution. I'll see what I can find.

Try your local hobby shop . You can buy A4 sheets of white styrene for about the same price as fabric .

Well, these guys are elite and I see no white elastic on any of them <a href="http://www.whitearmor.net/elite/" target="_blank">http://www.whitearmor.net/elite/</a>... ok, now looking more closely, I see 3 of them that have white elastic, but others clearly have black. Maybe these pictures were taken before white elastic was a must.

I'm one of those guys , and I can tell you now , I have white elastic holding up my drop boxes .

The white straps you are referring to are only on the drop boxes. Look through the elite application pictures, almost every trooper has white straps (probably all but one may have slipped through). I'm not sure what your looking at to say that only 3 have white, I know everyone of the last 9 have them and would have been denied elite without them.

Holy crap, once again I made a goofy misstake. For some reason I got confused with the box straps and the leg straps.. omg, sorry :). I need to get a drink crazy.gif.

Guess my mind is a bit clouded by all the excitement going on for me here. Still waiting for my canvas belt, buttons, fan and the best one: my helmet, but just sent it so will be a while.

I'm one of those guys , and I can tell you now , I have white elastic holding up my drop boxes .

Yeah, sorry, I made a misstake :). And didn't know the folding stock also turned out to be the shoulder thingie, thought more it was something you folded out to put on the ground to better shoot while lying down... like snipers.

Ahh.. can't wait to troop.

No worries , mate . Just wait until you strap on the white plastic . It's awesome !!

I already have and I love to wear it, but won't go trooping until I have what I need and recieved Elite status ;).

http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3453

I already have and I love to wear it, but won't go trooping until I have what I need and recieved Elite status ;).

Hi Kent

I really enjoy your posts, you leave a big chunk of your personality in everyone of them :D

I know you're new to all of this and you are trying to take in and learn as much as you can

as quickly as possible.

With this in mind, Im not sure if you may have confused applying for 'Elite Stutus' on FISD

with applying for your TK status with the 501st.

I do apologise if I'm wrong but I thought I'd mention it just in case you wasn't aware that

they can be two separate things.

I noticed that you're from Sweden I was wondering if you're aware of your local garrison

details because they can be of enormous help when you are just starting out. :)

Here's the 501st listing for your area.

http://www.nordicgarrison.net/info_join.html

You should contact them, what have you got to lose?

You never know, you might have a fellow trooper living in the same street as you :D

I noticed that you're from Sweden I was wondering if you're aware of your local garrison

details because they can be of enormous help when you are just starting out. :)

Here's the 501st listing for your area.

http://www.nordicgarrison.net/info_join.html

You should contact them, what have you got to lose?

You never know, you might have a fellow trooper living in the same sreet as you :D

Hi billy. I joined the forum over at nordicgarrison before I joined here. The reason why I came here was because the NG forum is so slow, few people there..... here there is more action :).

I have already made some posts over at NG and also showed them my pictures and told them I'll join NG when I'm ready... this before registering here.

Thanks for the heads up anyway ;).