C0bra's ANH Stunt Build. (Centurion)

I've seen a few people do triple snaps. I tried to do the traditional 2 s-snaps but they didn't work for me and got replaced with regular snaps.

Perfect. I figured since they're hidden it wouldn't be a big deal! I don't know, there's something about two snaps that makes me feel, weak. Lol.

I'd prefer 3 just for the solidity.

I wanna troop, not screw around with snaps. Lol.

Honestly a 3rd snap won't make that much of a difference. You're going to have it tight around you plus the velcro in the back.

Touché.

What do you think of everything else? Like the paint so far? I've been assuming the lack of feedback is good? :)

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

Looks fine to me. You could possibly try and straighten a few of the black outlining but that's the only thing that stands out and not a big deal either.

Yup! I noticed that as well. Planned on going back through with a super fine brush for the inner lines and straightening out the outsides with a toothpick in some thinner.

Thanks for the help buddy!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

Quick question:

What are your guys thoughts on ABS "Plates" for holding the Ab and Kidneys together at the sides.

I would glue black elastic along he seem line on the inside so it would be black. I feel like it would just hold everything much better.

I made a slot (at the top of the photo) and you can't see it in this picture but there's a piece of curved ABS that goes in there to help  keep the ab and kidney aligned. I also use nylon pieces with snaps to hold it in. Then the belt is cinched tight to really hold my gut in lol. Those random pieces of abs glued on the kidney are reinforcements because the MTK kidney is pretty flimsy and is prone to rips by the bends (at least mine is). 

E3785BF5-FB93-490C-8FD7-0BBACEDF51C9.jpg

• Like 2

I made a slot (at the top of the photo) and you can't see it in this picture but there's a piece of curved ABS that goes in there to help keep the ab and kidney aligned. I also use nylon pieces with snaps to hold it in. Then the belt is cinched tight to really hold my gut in lol. Those random pieces of abs glued on the kidney are reinforcements because the MTK kidney is pretty flimsy and is prone to rips by the bends (at least mine is).

E3785BF5-FB93-490C-8FD7-0BBACEDF51C9.jpg

Awesome so it shouldn't be a problem.

My kit fits me really well and I just want some extra hold on the sides to keep them aligned. Maybe I'll try it out. Worse that can happen in out six snaps and have to change to straps or elastic. Big whoop.

Thanks man! You've been such a huge help during this whole build!

Another question.

Nylon strapping vs. Elastic for the thighs.

I have a nylon belt that I'm going to use. I just have to make the snap and strap from thigh to belt but I'm torn between elastic and nylon.

Maybe strength is my big issue. I want it to hold up to the troops. I do plan on glueing the snap together with a support piece on the thigh so the thighs are permanently attached to the garter.

Any pros/cons or preferences and why?

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

I was going with a DIY route but ended up buying THIS instead. Much more comfortable than what I came up with.

I was going to go that route but I decided not to with the Canadian dollar the way it is. It makes it a bit too expensive. I may grab it eventually but we'll see how things go.

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

You can always emulate it. At first I made a nylon belt with a buckle and used 3" wide black elastic glued on the thighs and velcro sewn on. The thin nylon belt was very uncomfortable and the elastic bunched up at the belt. 

• Like 1

You can always emulate it. At first I made a nylon belt with a buckle and used 3" wide black elastic glued on the thighs and velcro sewn on. The thin nylon belt was very uncomfortable and the elastic bunched up at the belt.

So you recommend elastic for mounting? I'm getting my hands on a sewing machine tomorrow so I can properly attach everything to the belt. Hopefully it goes well, all else fails I'll just look at other options.

Definetly going to steal....Erm borrow the ad to kidney slot connection, my join keeps slipping when I do test fits :(

Since I don't want to put holes in my ab for poppers, I am thinking about using magnets, I looked at the CRL and there's nothing against it, which seams to be the case with most interior fixings.

Edited by Artshot

Definetly going to steal....Erm borrow the ad to kidney slot connection, my join keeps slipping when I do test fits :(

Since I don't want to put holes in my ab for poppers, I am thinking about using magnets, I looked at the CRL and there's nothing against it, which seams to be the case with most interior fixings.

I highly doubt magnets will hold up to trooping.

I'm concerned the snaps, which are really hard to press together, are not going to hold up.

No holes in an, use snap plates, and glue them to inside of an plate, and other armour pieces that require snaps...

No holes in an, use snap plates, and glue them to inside of an plate, and other armour pieces that require snaps...

Yeah! The only holes made are for the split rivets. The snaps are placed on nylon webbing or scrap abs then glued to the inside of the armor.

Minor update!

Plans fell through with Chris last night, but I'm heading over there tonight instead to finish up my straps. Worked on it a bit last night and its going fantastic. I do notice that elastic straps on the sides isn't a good idea, unless I shorten them up because I get about a 1-1.5 inch gap. So instead I'll try nylon strapping for the sides and hopefully that'll help.

Other than that, Chris and I will be working on my straps and sizing tonight. It's going to be great to get a second eye on it while it's being done and we'll likely have some pictures to show. I'm just waiting on my Darman neck seal and holster in the mail; based on where it is, it should be sometime this week! Once I get those two things I'm ready to rock for 501st approval, then onto EIB and Centurion!

• Like 2

Alrighty.

Chris and I got a lot done yesterday. And it's ALMOST complete.

I do have some work to do, like pulling in the shoulders a bit tighter. I need to put straps from biceps to forearms and from chest to ab plate.

I'm ask just waiting on delivery of my holster, neck seal and handguards.

But this is my almost final product.

It will look way better for my final submission photos I promise!

7bd2e0625b5429ac97bdb337ef98da3b.jpg

e86299f06130e2eaaca79548ffbf5084.jpg

7bc6c2fa62cc853177e8a0be7fcb30ce.jpg

7fa7fb214814a27caf5ea9ffc7bc63fd.jpg

• Like 1