Here we go! SDS Armor getting ready.

Hello my friends. First let me say that my english is not so good.

I will try to do my best explaining things that i do on my armor. Hope to get a little help from you.

I already startet a Thread on the German Site from the 501st.
Now i want to get more informations and get som feedback. I dont want to do something wrong :mellow:
I have already done some changes. I think pictures should be better than writing to mutch.

Edited by Brezz

Here my Boots. I want to do something on my own. So i decided to paint them. I like the TK Boots. But making something with your Hands is a lot more exciting. There is a "Busse" logo on each site but i willl later do some weathering so i think that the logo will disappear.

image_zps9lh8juin.jpeg

image1_zps1tbc9dxy.jpg

image_zpsbf9wigm4.jpeg

image_zpsso7diirm.jpeg

image_zpsr8hoesf3.jpeg

image1_zps7j3wkzj7.jpg

I also cut the retunr edge on booth Arms.

image1_zpsbufsrllr.jpg

image1_zpscdxmzhzh.jpg

I know that the Rubies E-11 Blaster ( Star Wars Rebels Blaster) is not accepted for Troopig. But when i display the Armor in my Living Room i want that the Stromtrooper has thomething in his hands. For Trooping i am not Shure witch Blaster i want to use. Like the SDS one.

image1_zpsjqxg0j14.jpg

image3_zpsghtjbuic.jpg

image4_zpsdxyajotm.jpg

image5_zpsvh5rti6o.jpg

Edited by Brezz

Great start!, if your thinking of getting the SDS blaster, I assume you mean from 'Shepperton design studios' yes?, then you maybe be better off going with a doopydoos kit, its a much better blaster and cheaper and you will have fun making it, plenty of build threads here to help you out too  :duim:

• Like 1

Those boots are looking great, Patrick!  I noticed that you are using Velcro on the forearms, though.  You should actually not need that, unless your hands are much too large to fit through the small end.  I they aren't, I would suggest gluing them permanently with an inside cover strip, (which will make them very strong) as well as an outside cover strip, as seen in the photo.   The only place you should really need Velcro for is the back of the calves, (which will also need an outside cover strip).  Halten Sie die großartige Arbeit!!

Side note:  I am really liking your work surface..  With all those colors, it looks like a cool abstract painting!

20150620_104654_resized_zps1wmd4ldx.jpg

• 2 weeks later...