DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies for the 2 week delay guys! Work has just been crazy not to mention the escalating 100 degree weather ...and now SDCC this coming week. Going to work some more on some long overdue rigging today....should have some updates soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Alright guys, back at it... Going to try and get some bits done this weekend. For adjustability, im contemplating using clips vs buttons on the thighs and shoulder bells. Will do some trouble shooting and let you guys know... Need to get this thing done!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is what my clips will look like for the most part. This will allow for some "wriggle room" if adjustment is needed Once I get the thighs rigged, its off to the chest and shoulders...SLOWLY but surely guys...

Ab%20Clip1.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright...Ended up completing 1 of the 5 things I had wanted to LMAO!!! Yep, it was one of those frustrating armor sessions. In strapping this up it was obvious the thighs still needed a bit more trimming on the inside. Also, the strapping needs to be moved laterally a couple of inches (See green lines). I guess this is what these armor partys are intended for huh? 

Thigh%20Adjustment1.jpg

Thigh%20Ref.png

TD1_1.jpg

TD2_1.jpg

• Like 2

Made yet, a bit of headway once again. Went ahead and adhered the shin blocks with some epoxy, followed by filling the seams. For the filler I just used the same epoxy loctite "concrete" version, (which holds up to 3000 lbs.) along with a tad bit of spot putty.

Shin%20seams1.jpg

Ok, quick lunch update...went ahead and did a quick sand and primer throughout the shin block seams....Good enough for me! I also cut the seams on the spats and ill smooth those out later as time permits. Im determined to get this thing completed before X-Mas!

Shin%20seams2.jpg

Another quick one...Was able to lay down 3 very light coats of white. That being said, and bc Im always confused myself on what exactly "light" is...here we go......

Basically I pull the trigger and hold, walking in a circle around the targeted piece with a back-and-forth/ top-to-bottom lateral movement (of the spray arm), followed by returning to the start position. I repeat this 3 times and for me, this constitutes "3 light coats"...BOOM! Tomorrow I will throw down another coat and see how the color is.

3%20Light%20coats.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1