DYNAMIC1 FO WIP

Hey Steamboat....I believe December/ January....if you check his thread currently it seems people are recieving shipments. Not a bad turn around considering its fully assembled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1

Hey Steamboat....I believe December/ January....if you check his thread currently it seems people are recieving shipments. Not a bad turn around considering its fully assembled

guess who got a shipping notification from Heston today!!

• Like 2

Just testing out these guys before I send off to the autobody shop...ill keep you all posted....hoping we don't have to give up gloss at the cost of flexibility?

f30ac42c1e3d7b95e149f1e069465aa0.jpg

1dae6d10b86b9ab2e8559ddf923ab6a7.jpg

7dfa71251f5fc382b8c79ec49337f92c.jpg

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 2

Looks good to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thanks buddy...we'll see. I'm really trying to get the paint down...honestly I don't really want to HAVE to have an autobody guy paint this but will if I absolutely have to I will. That being said, if I can get the color close to the anovos lid, achieve the gloss I like, and it maintains an abundance of flexibility I may call it a day ; )....lots of feedback from you guys will help! Edited by Dynamic1

Here's the image of the test piece and helmet cropped in sunlight. The test piece is on your left, and the anovos helmet on the right. Keep in mind there are shadows casted and differing hues....pretty close IMO...thoughts? The most important part is that this piece has been folded in half with absolutely 0 cracking.....will test again tomorrow...

013cf91bbaf61f96860740f1d95b1781.jpg

• Like 2

Ok here's a quick update. Was able to do another test piece today(belt piece) as I wanted to get this paint on a rigid piece. Granted it's not gloss coated however, I Was not happy with the level of shine. For flexibility I am willing to give up a tiny bit of gloss but not this much. That being said, my auto paint guy is going to match the white and go through his process on the belt piece as well as one of the knees. Keep you posted

ab4d5f9b9e503da328de659abf385e9a.jpg

• Like 3

All finished guys....look ok!?

c2c4bf33ce8817e5c97327d0a332a424.jpg

938f8fad1769c5c2def4e3cfbc261684.jpg

....although not my build, felt my delivery today was warranted ; )...if you haven't picked up the SS Jakku exclusive I highly recommend it...great piece and will undoubtedly look great next to his buddy in my detolf.....more updates soon.

In the meantime, here is where I'm at. After a lunch discussion with a good buddy of mine (501st member fettseven) I've handed a few pieces over to an autobody paint professional (both knees and the one belt piece). He is going to work on a color match and add a pretty hefty flex agent which he seems pretty confident about. I'll try and get the applied formula for those who are thinking about going this route...bc he's through a friend he's offered me a pretty great deal.....keep everyone posted on this.

Edited by Dynamic1
  • Like 1