ATA Helmet Hero Conversion

Hi all,

with a LOT of help from gmrhodes, I am attempting to convert my ATA bucket into a hero.

First (and most nerve-wracking) step was to push the extra teeth indents out.

I firstly taped a triangle piece of scrap ABS to the front of the helmet.

Next, I heated a knife on the iron and pushing that against the indents. (I ended by using the iron directly very, very gently)

I have pictures of the above steps if anyone is interested, but I took my time and went very slowly, and was pretty happy with the end result. There are a couple of very small imperfections, but I think after painting the teeth they won't be noticeable.

CW2Wz63.jpg

Next I have been following pandatroopers ATA bucket tutorial, have trimmed off excess and rough cut eyes. Started on teeth and this is where I would like some advice please. From looking at the photos I think I probably need to take some more off, also, should the holes taper up with the angle of the frown, or should they stay square.

C2miav4.jpg

hQgafzo.jpg

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

• Like 1

I have attempted my first ear, and am ok with the result, but would like to make it a bit better, mainly to get rid of the gap at the back, some advice here would be awesome.

sRTwlVd.jpg

I think if I just smooth the curve on the front a touch that will be ok.

c1O6ar0.jpg

But, I'm not overly happy with the gap at the back.

pvk3raE.jpg