Glueing elastic on the armor? ANH TK Stunt

Personally, I use E6000. If you make a mistake, it is far more forgiving. It has worked great for me so far. Also, yes, use clamps. Takes time for it to dry and the clamps will help it stay in place.

The only problem you may have if you glue elastic to your armor, Alex, is that it can (and will) wear out eventually.  If you use the snap system, you can replace it if needed.  If you have any questions, PM me and I can help you out with any details and photos.

Snaps attached to plastic also allow you to change the length of the elastic easily. That helps when first fitting your new costume. And if your body changes you may want to adjust over time.

And if you use snaps with elastic you will be able to take your armor apart and store/transport it.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Snaps attached to plastic also allow you to change the length of the elastic easily. That helps when first fitting your new costume. And if your body changes you may want to adjust over time.

And if you use snaps with elastic you will be able to take your armor apart and store/transport it.

-Eric

Wise words from our leader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming you are not using the original strapping system (wire and brackets), about the only place I glue elastic directly to the armor is on the strap that goes across the bottom of the shoulder bell.

Yes, E6000. :)

Assuming you are not using the original strapping system (wire and brackets), about the only place I glue elastic directly to the armor is on the strap that goes across the bottom of the shoulder bell.

Yes, E6000. :)

that's how I plan to do it!

-Eric

with the snaps, can I glue them to a piece of ABS then glue that to the innards of the plastic(ex. Snaps glued to the chest/ab plate or shoulder bridges for torso and back)

I personally set the female parts of the snaps in short pieces of black nylon, then glue those to the armor, Alex.  I found that this works really well, as the nylon conforms to the curves in the armor, and I then set the male parts of the snaps in the nylon/elastic connecting straps.

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1