M38/M32/M19/M40 MHR Eyepiece Screw sizes?

cjdesign

Looking for the screws that attach the front eye piece to the body of the scope. Does anybody have the actual screw sizes? I think they are referred to as "cheese head?" screws but he sure about the thread size, etc.

Edited by cjdesign

After further investigation ...  they look very similar to Fillister head slotted which is a common scope screw type and
"cheese head like"

------------

I"ll purchase a couple and see if the 6 - 48 "5/16 size doesn't fit my scope.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I could take some photos and measurements for you, but I've got nothing to verify the thread pitch, sorry.

Thanks Ian... I have original screws to measure but like you say the thread size is the tricky. I figured I can start with the 6-48. I'm 90% sure they are size 6 after visiting my local hardware store. They had size 6 sheet metal screws, but not the correct thread.

Edited by cjdesign

my bad... not the eyepiece. I'm referring to the screws that attached the front lens to the scope housing where the prisms are. there are two sets of screws that hold the housing together. 3x 1inch+ and 3x 5/16 screws. 

Edited by cjdesign

I can take a photo of those for you. They do look like cheese head screws. I think they are M3 or M4 cheese screwsI have em

Thanks anyway! I actually have them already, just looking for another set. I ordered some scope screws from the link above, that look similar to cheese head, named Fillister head. I'll see if they fit the bill - 5/16 seems about right. I'll start from there.. mahalo! Thanks for the lens.

Edited by cjdesign

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Carl,

How did you go hunting down the screws for the scope, I too am looking for a replacement screw for the three that fit the eyepiece on my m38.

Cheers Bryn

No luck... took them off of a m40a2.