501st Member Ages

dejango

I wasn't able to find any links on the 501st page about the youngest 501st member, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any members in 501 history that have been recorded as the youngest to join? 

Edited by dejango

As a rule you must be 18 years of age to become a member of the 501st, younger than that you can join the Galactic academy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There are charts on this on the 501st site.  There are 12 people who are 18 years old in the Legion. 

The highest peaks on the graph is between 39 and 46 actually for men, however there is a gradual build up from 18 to 38, but then a steep drop after 46, which goes to next to nothing after 53.

Women are more evenly distributed until about 45, then like men fall out. 

The biggest numbers - most of the age distribution - is between 30 and 48.

It is an expensive hobby, and my guess is that most people under 30 don't have the money and most over 50 feel "too old", as at that point many of the troopers start being at the ages of kids. Or, maybe after 50, as many are still in their peak earning years & being empty nesters, they focus more on work and "mature" stuff...  Or...by that point they have probably been in the Legion 10 to 15 years and just want to take a break.

• Like 3