My head is too big

Does anyone have any tips on fitting my noggin into my helmet without my balaclava constantly getting caught on the ear screws and getting my big head all scratched up every time I put on my lid? I trimmed down the screws but I can't for the life of me figure what I can use that will cover them to minimize scratching and catching that will stay on the screw ends. About at the end of my rope here. Any ideas are welcome. It also seems like the one fan I installed (I had planned on two and the one was a test for fitting) drastically reduced my comfort in putting it on, too (now my nose catches every time) and made my head seem just that much bigger. Thank you in advance! Helmet is an AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I could suggest Paul is a product called SUGRU, available in the paint section at Lowe's or online.  It is a kneadable glue, similar to Play-Doh, but sets up nicely after 24 hours to a rubber-like consistency.  You could take a small amount, roll it into a ball, press it onto the screw, and flatten out the edges.  It sticks really well after drying, but can be removed if needed.  Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Another option is to cut your screws shorter and put some acorn nuts on the ends

--------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know those cheap clothing hangers that has been laminated in some sort of rubber or plastic? And on the hook ends they usually have a rubber nipple so people don't cut themselves on the wire.......yeah I use those for my screw ends. Should just pop on snugly or use a drop of E-6000 or hot glue. 

You know those cheap clothing hangers that has been laminated in some sort of rubber or plastic? And on the hook ends they usually have a rubber nipple so people don't cut themselves on the wire.......yeah I use those for my screw ends. Should just pop on snugly or use a drop of E-6000 or hot glue.

Holy crap you're right! Thanks man. I tried the acorn nuts but I didn't like them. I cut them down a little more and put the rubber tips on and it worked. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk