WTB - a set of TFA hand guards

Daetrin

I lost one of my gloves with an armor plate on it.  Anyone have a spare set of hand guards, or can someone just make a set? I can't imagine I'll be the first, and ANOVOS is not shipping spare parts...

Sorry to hear that Paul. I thought Anovos are going to offer replacements. They mentioned replacement parts for their T.K. Armor in a recent newsletter.

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=a995a5acf2&e=af8675a1dd

Welcome to Update #3, Troopers!

After our last update, we received a lot of positive feedback from those who have ordered the Original Trilogy Stormtrooper Armor, so we hope that we are heading in the right direction as far as our commitment to communicate better with those who invest in our product!

We are already back to work after our team exhibited for the first time at Salt Lake Comic Con from September 24-26 and enjoyed discussing the Stormtrooper and Shadow Stormtrooper costumes with fans. It’s really amazing to watch life-long dreams of being a Stormtrooper start to become a reality when a fan makes the decision to acquire a kit---with spousal approval, of course! :)

And speaking of kits, we realize that for many of you this is going to be the first endeavor into the world of armor-building, and we want it to go as smoothly as possible. As such, we’re developing detailed illustrated instructions from Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas, the same team of artists who produced things like Hasbro’s San Diego Comic Con First Order Stormtrooper figure booklet and the Parts of Star Wars website. These guys share the same passion for Star Wars as the rest of us and we're looking forward to seeing their finished work! Here's a peek at some rough behind-the-scenes concept work that is already under way:

e64c650e-0cdc-41d3-854e-b50e05f479ac.jpg

As you know, our decision to offer costumes in kit form as well as completed ensembles enables us to deliver a more affordable product as well as gives you the opportunity to customize the armor to your own body for an ideal fit. If you haven't watched part one already, check out this video from our friends at Tested.com which demonstrates some basic armor-building techniques: http://bit.ly/1Jlg6HT We can't wait to see more tutorials from them as they show more of our Shadow Stormtrooper prototype...in fact, you can see the completed kit on Frank Ippolito (minus helmet) as he tours Dragon Con 2015 here: http://bit.ly/1iLLxFe

We’re also considering mitigating your risk with a protection plan that would provide you at-cost replacement parts. No more worries about making a cut too deep or gluing the wrong parts together! More on that as the program develops!

We are still on target for late November/early December shipping! Because of the sheer volume of trooper kits we are producing, we decided to have the bucks milled in aluminum to avoid degradation of the molds. This investment means we can produce quality troopers for years to come!

6d7df141-fb45-428f-b0b9-4dcb86ac47e7.jpg

382651b9-f882-4081-a6f3-2cbdf02d1aca.jpg

By the way, remember how you helped us break 33,000 Facebook fans back in July? To thank you for your support, here's the 33 random customers that will get FREE shipping for their Stormtrooper pre-order:
  1. Hastin S.
  2. Jackson D.
  3. John M.
  4. Michael S.
  5. Steve P.
  6. Yasser H.
  7. Allison D.
  8. Freddy G.
  9. Thomas B.
  10. Andy K.
  11. Robert J.
  12. Walter W.
  13. Mark L.
  14. Jim J.
  15. Thomas M.
  16. Douglas M.
  17. Bradley B.
  18. David C.
  19. Eric T.
  20. Tom T.
  21. Peter K.
  22. Robert H.
  23. Keaton D.
  24. Jose E.
  25. John J.
  26. Blake H.
  27. Andrey K.
  28. Patrick R.
  29. Kevin K.
  30. Ryan E.
  31. Joshua D.
  32. David C.
  33. Xavier C.

We'll be reaching out to the 33 selected in the next week regarding refunding of the shipping cost, so please stay tuned!
Also, please don’t forget that although we are now at full Initial Offering Price for the Classic Stormtrooper, it’s still not too late to convince friends to join the Empire because building armor is more fun when you do it as a team!
Keep passing along those one-time use 10% OFF coupon codes that come with every order placed after mid-June 2015 -- make sure to pass them on as early as possible, as they only last for two (2) weeks following placement of the order that the code was issued with!

Thank you again for your support as we work together to change the face of costuming and fill the world with more Stormtroopers! Be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page at facebook.com/anovos, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/anovos, and on Instagram at instagram.com/anovos.

For the Empire!
Team ANOVO

That's OT - I'm looking for TFA. Maybe there are fan made folks that can help out?  I don't want to wait 90 days for replacements...