Which grade of snaps

I've been reading the supply list for my Anovos TK build and have a question regarding the Line 24 snaps. I've found a source for the line 24 snaps in the UK.  The problems is they do them in 2 grades, a Nickel and a stainless steel grade which is heavier duty.

My assumption is that the Nickel ones will be up to the job, and my mild allergy shouldn't be an issue as there will be a fabric barrier.  I can get the stainless ones if that's what's needed but I feel they will be overkill.

I think you should be just fine with the nickel finish, Chris, but don't forget you will be handling them extensively while attaching them to the nylon/Velcro initially, as well as every time you put your armor on. 

Perhaps the stainless may be the way to go, depending on the severity of your allergies, and overkill is not the first word that pops into mind when one comes loose during a troop, LOL.

It's not a bad allergy. I can handle it just not wear a watch with a high nickel content for example.

The over kill was more to do with the strength on the material and weather resistance. I doubt there's any difference in "grip" between those.

I would probably go with the stainless, then, just to be safe.  As for weather resistance I've never trooped in the rain, but one tends to sweat "just a bit" in full armor, especially here in FL.  B)

• Like 1