GoofySGB AP Build Stunt - Rookie

GoofySGB

So I did some looking around on the forums and went with the AP build, it seam like that's what most people where building when I first looked. Placed my order with Mark and then started getting my supply ready. The more I started getting supplies the more I realized I think I made the wrong armor purchase I am 5'10 214lbs. Email Mark to see if the armor would fit was told I would need to shim the sides okay no big deal I think I can do that. My armor arrived today supper excited did and inventory of everything. Then started to dry fit sure enough everything is small have about a 2 inch gap every where for comfort my need to heat up some of the plastic to prevent it from pinching. But the bigger issue is what to do now? <br><br>

Should I try and sell it on eBay see if I can't recoup the cost and go for maybe the FX or Am or TE2<br><br>

Is it possible to shim everything so it can fit and if so how would I go about doing that I take it I would have to spray paint the armor so it keeps that nice sheen.<br><br>

What would you recommend I do I am sure you see a lot of situations like this if I happen to be the first then any and all help would be grateful<br><br>

post-24635-0-72419600-1442471721_thumb.jpg<br>

post-24635-0-60244600-1442471696_thumb.jpg

If you say "everything is small have about a 2 inch gap every where ", do you mean, you have gaps on the thighs and the lower legs and all over the arms, too?

If this is the case, I highly doubt, that another suit will make that much of a difference ...

So the GAP concern is when I place the half on both sides where its very snugg there is a 1 1/2 inch gap in order to get it to the point where I can take my arm or leg out it would require about a 2inch gap on both sides so would need to shim an extra 2 inched before I can even lay down the strip. So thinking of selling the AP and going with AM 2.0 but I have ready that AM uses the FX model which isn't centr approved anymore. and its three piece in stead of two like AP. So now I am not sure what to do. 

AM 2.0 is still very much excepted, even at L3 accuracy. With that said even with AM 2.0 there may be some shimming involved. Nothing for certain. Another armor consideration is RT-MOD, designed specifically for larger guys, and the screen accuracy is much better then AM.

RT-Mod is great armour, but he may have quite a long waiting list.

AM has undergone improvements which has made it easier to achieve the higher levels of approval, but is absolutely fine for basic, as long as you assemble it to fit you (that goes for any armor).

AP is great armor, so you shouldn't have any trouble on selling it, certainly try doing that on here first or in your local Garrison before you go to eBay .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you post a dry fit test pic showing the gaps? Painters tape can help hold the joints.<br>

It should help in getting a better idea where your concern is. Then suggestions can be made on how to proceed.<br>

No journey is without obstacles, no obstacle is insurmountable with the community here.

I went ahead and purchased the AM2.0 trying to sell AP at my local Garrison I don't have permission to the sale site here so trying to figure out how to. I can unbox the AP and do a full dryfitting if you think it's still manageable if I can't sell it I might make it as a second suit maybe make my AM A TD and the AP a TK if I can somehow make it work

Just whatever you do, don't get discouraged. I bought MTK because of the price and availability. Found out it was aimed at short, fat dudes but I guess I'm a little shorter and fatter. Ended up ordering AM2.0 legs and had to shim the kidney. I think you'll be happy with AM2.0 and should have no problems selling your AP.