Large sized AP Armor is ordered!

AP is doing a run of armor with "extenders" in the torso parts and the legs, meaning it should fit guys my size!

They have added 6' in the torso (3' on the front and 3' on the back) and 1' on the legs (not sure how they did on that one). I'm 6'1 and 260 pounds so that'll be a nice fit I think :) Might need to shim for my fat thighs and calves but that's fine by me lol.

6-10 weeks until big brown box day in the Knockerbot household lol. I'll make sure to keep up with a build thread because I know a lot of you guys are my size and can't go into the smaller armor. 

So excited.

• Like 2

Correct, new molds will be done in a few weeks, I'm not modifiying the molds just adding 3" extention on side of AB and Kidney plates for a total of 6"  can be trimmed down to original size or left as is for larger trooper, all leg parts will also be bigger ;)

Mark (AP)

Correct, new molds will be done in a few weeks, I'm not modifiying the molds just adding 3" extention on side of AB and Kidney plates for a total of 6"  can be trimmed down to original size or left as is for larger trooper, all leg parts will also be bigger ;)

Mark (AP)

Mark,

Will the larger ab and kidney armor be avaliable?

Also is the chest and back upper piece larger as well?

Andy

• 2 months later...

Mark (AP)

3" Extension on each side of Ab/Kidney plates for a total of 6",  so that's an extra 1.5" on either side edge of both ab and kidney plates correct?

And for the Leg thighs and calves how much extra did you add total?, and where? (1/4" on either side edge of both haves of thighs/calves for a total of 1" extra)

I'm just curious as I think I will fit just fine into standard size armor so I want to trim my kit to original size.

To trim to original size its very simple, just remove 3" on each side of ab and kidney plate.

The new leg parts are now like the movie original which require joining strips on the back as well, before they had a 1" raised lip made for overlapping therefore loosing almost 2"  when overlapping, and also when people did the joining strip method they had no choice but to trim off that 1" raised lip therefore reducing all the leg sizes, but now they are flush like the original and you will have more material to work with almost 2 extra inches, so in reality we didn't really add but gained almost 2"  by eliminating all those raised lips

Mark (AP)

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No there was delays with the molds and plastic so he fell behind a bit but I was in contact with Mark earlier in the week and he is done the helmet and just started to form this batch of armour. Should be soon. He's very up front and pleasent to talk to. Good customer service, just based on that I'd say go with him. I'm thinking the shimming won't even be as much as I thought for me so I don't imagine it'll too bad for you if you're smaller

• Like 2