E6000 Question

Need some advice on E6000, about how it should handle.<br>

I'm using this for the first time and need to know whether my stock is good or needs to go in the bin.<br>

Opened up the new tube (so you have to pierce the metal tip, to get going) and find that it's quite thick and seems to cure quickly, even whilst you are spreading it. Basically it doesn't flow out of the tube very well- you need to squeeze pretty hard to get it out.<br>

So the question- is this how E6000 is, or has it been in storage too long and has gone off (it was a new tube which hadn't been opened)? Just need to know before I go ahead and order more.

Edited by Yorkie Fett

E-6000 is pretty runny, Ferg.  You may try making the opening a bit bigger to allow it to come out more heavily, though.  One word of advice, if I may...  E-6000 will run if put on too heavily.  If you are in doubt, mask off the areas that you absolutely don't want it on with blue painter's tape before applying it.  If it dries and does have some runs, you can cut along the seam with a razor knife (gently) to break the seal and actually rub off the remainder with your thumb.

Thanks Joeseph, that's pretty much what I needed to confirm. The consistency of my E6000 certainly isn't runny, in fact it's pretty thick and requires a fair bit of effort to squeeze it out.<br>

I'm surprised with it being an unopened tube as although I've had it for some time, the seal was unbroken. Thought it would have had a longer shelf life before it went off. I think I read somewhere there was fake E6000 being sold, or did I dream that?<br>

Looks like I buy some new E6000.

Looking around for the best deal on some new E6000 (in the UK), I came across people who had bought some only to find it was fake!<br><br>

Their description of the consistency sounded very similair to mine. Could I have ended up with some fake glue, I wonder?<br><br>

How long should this stuff be good for, both opened and unopened?

Hey Ferg
I spent a long time looking around for the best deal on E6000

I ended up going with Amazon, I figured if there was anything wrong with it, I preferred there return policy.

I have been getting a lot of those "breaks" as well, no idea why, most likely this message is going to have some.

Edited by Artshot

Hey Ferg

I spent a long time looking around for the best deal on E6000

I ended up going with Amazon, I figured if there was anything wrong with it, I preferred there return policy.

I have been getting a lot of those "breaks" as well, no idea why, most likely this message is going to have some.

Thanks Art, did a bit more reading and apparently (according to the source), there is loads of fake E6000 out there, especially on Ebay (there are the large tubes of it going for £1.20???), so it's good to get a heads up on a reliable source.

There are loads of sellers of E6000 on Amazon, which one was it inparticular? Don't mind paying a bit more for the genuine stuff.

Lots of break symbols on other members posts as well, something to do with the new server?

Quick question:  I am trying to decide on which E6000 to get.  Is it the automotive/industrial grade or craft grade that should be applied?  Not sure the difference but just wanted to get what was best and whatever you guys/gals suggest.  Thanks so much for any response.  Can PM me with the answer if prefer.