Need A Little Electronics Expertise

Hi. I need a little help. I got a Trik Toys Static Burst board and thought if I just got an amp board I could get it to work. Well it does..sort of. I've got a couple different mics, the one that works is a DJ style mic (Sony F-V5Omuni-Directional Dynamic mic). I really have to speak loud into it to have it activate the Trik board, when it does pick up, the static burst works great. I've just now tried a lapel mic (The Source by Circuit City aka Radio Shack lite - damn you Radio shack from pulling out of Canada!) which doesn't even pick up.

Question One: Do I need a dynamic mic for this setup?

Question Two: I thought every mic was dynamic?

Question Three: if its a power issue, wouldn't the 9v I have on the Trik board be enough to power the mic as well? (1.5 volts at most??)

3bJ4EIn.jpg

A little confused because I thought it was a pretty simple setup.

Okay different question. Can the guts from the Radio Shack amp (or the Trik Toys Amp) be used within a TK bucket? Meaning, can I butcher that amp and make it work within my helmet with the aerator speakers??

Because I'm thinking it has to be the amp board I picked it. Just not mean to do this...which sucks because it only cost me $15.

I have both the FX card and the AMP from Trik, and they both worked fine.

I even had then both installed in my helmet, together with Triks aerator speakers. It worked, but the sound was not good enough for me. So now I'm modifying it to have the speaker mounted on the chestplate, and hte amp and FX rig gets tucked away in an amoo pouch (I'm going dirty, after all. Why not use the damned pouches?)

I have both the FX card and the AMP from Trik, and they both worked fine.

I even had then both installed in my helmet, together with Triks aerator speakers. It worked, but the sound was not good enough for me. So now I'm modifying it to have the speaker mounted on the chestplate, and hte amp and FX rig gets tucked away in an amoo pouch (I'm going dirty, after all. Why not use the damned pouches?)

Did you take the guts out of the amp? Or did you manage to fit the amp box in your helmet? I don't have much room in my MR CE, so if I have to do that it will be pretty tight.

The Triktoys amp wasn't encased at all, just a tiny circuit board a litlle bigger than the FX-board. I managed to get it all nicely into my ANH style helmet.

The best place IMO, would be to place it in the "snout" area. But I don't know how much room the MR CE helmet has there...

I read on another forum, someone bought an wireless transmitter for their helmet-mounted mic, which had a receiver connected to the amp. The amp itself had a bigger speaker mounted behind the chestplate, which in turn produces better/higher sound.

That was me. I usually just pull the chips out of the casings and mount them. The chin is a great spot, nice and roomy.

MR CE - plenty of room in the bell. Snout..enough room for a mic. Trying to find something very small. Might just get the Trik amp and pillage it for the board. I would like this to be all self-contained within the bucket. Just seems so much more authentic. I think I just wasted $15 with the amp board I bought. Oh well...live and learn. I'm stuck with the fans. Either they have to be very small or I have them riding my cheeks. Again not so comfortable with them that close to my nose. Sneeze and I'm done for.

Hopefully more people with the CE will come forward with mod ideas.

Not having any luck. I bought a little lapel clip condenser mic, tried that with this rig and nothing. Very strange, I can hear the mode speech (very low), but I can't get any of the mics to work! The only mic that seems to get a response is the Dynamic DJ mic, but I have to eat it before I can get anything out of it. This amp board I bought seems to be a pre-amp. Could that be the problem? I don't know enough about this, but for this to work do I need to daisy chain the FX board -> pre-amp -> amp -> speakers?

Does anyone have the Amp from Trik Toys? It looks to be the radio shack one. Can the guts of that be ripped out and installed into a helmet (minus the speaker)? This is becoming very annoying.

This is the stuff I bought from Trik:

-----

As you can see, the amp wasn't boxed, so there was'nt anything for me to rip out...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

TomaToNOR said:

This is the stuff I bought from Trik:

As you can see, the amp wasn't boxed, so there was'nt anything for me to rip out...

I have the FX static burst module. I suppose in conjunction with that it would work, but not going to dish out $120. I might just end up getting that one in the For Sale section for $70 if this doesn't work out.

You need a powered mic. The trik toys set up uses a 9 volt for RS amp, then 4 AA to power the mic. The sound module goes inline between your mic and the RSamp. I have the full set up in my AP helmet.

You need a powered mic. The trik toys set up uses a 9 volt for RS amp, then 4 AA to power the mic. The sound module goes inline between your mic and the RSamp. I have the full set up in my AP helmet.

I slowly just came to realize that myself yesterday. I bought a voice amp from The Source and it's condenser mic worked fine on the unit, once I daisy chained the FX module to it, it didn't. Now I just need to find a powered mic locally. I'm going to start the tear down this weekend and fix all the seams.

Thanks Craig..

DD.

Here is the microphone I use, its from Radio Shack, its a powered clip on mic. What's great about it is that it uses a hearing aid style battery, very small and light weight. The original powered microphone I got from Triktoys used 2 AA batteries and had a huge case.

Hands-Free Tie-Clip Omnidirectional Electret

Model: 33-3013

Catalog #: 33-3013

$24.99

Here is the link to it:

-----

Can't you mail order from Radio Shack in Canada? Perhaps a US resident would buy it for ya and ship it.

Edited by gmrhodes13

kiyotei said:
Here is the microphone I use, its from Radio Shack, its a powered clip on mic. What's great about it is that it uses a hearing aid style battery, very small and light weight. The original powered microphone I got from Triktoys used 2 AA batteries and had a huge case.

Hands-Free Tie-Clip Omnidirectional Electret

Model: 33-3013

Catalog #: 33-3013

$24.99

Here is the link to it:

-----

Can't you mail order from Radio Shack in Canada? Perhaps a US resident would buy it for ya and ship it.

I was trying to get a hold of them the other day to find that out. If not, I'll have a cousin in NY mail it over to me. That's for the link!

Edited by gmrhodes13

Hey Darcy,

I have a MRCE Stunt and the cooling unit I made fits nicely under the frown...the only issue I had

was I had to shave my goatee...the hair on my chin was getting caught in the fan! OUCH!

Now that I shaved it off, it's PERFECT. The cooling fan is positioned in such a way that the air goes

around the bottom of my jaw, cooling my cheeks and neck. I added another one to the back tube

area and now it's very comfortable.

Here's a link to the unit: -----

Edited by gmrhodes13

mark said:
Hey Darcy,

I have a MRCE Stunt and the cooling unit I made fits nicely under the frown...the only issue I had

was I had to shave my goatee...the hair on my chin was getting caught in the fan! OUCH!

Now that I shaved it off, it's PERFECT. The cooling fan is positioned in such a way that the air goes

around the bottom of my jaw, cooling my cheeks and neck. I added another one to the back tube

area and now it's very comfortable.

Here's a link to the unit: -----

Pretty sweet. What did you use as the frame? I'm working on the speaker system then I'll try and cramp the fan in there.

Edited by gmrhodes13

Pretty sweet. What did you use as the frame? I'm working on the speaker system then I'll try and cramp the fan in there.

Hey Darcy....Frame? I actually did a poor-man's Vacuum pull. I heated up the styrene, placed the piece over the

the actual fan, the pressed it with a lid...the trimming is the hard part, and you get alot of wrinkles if you're not

careful.

Hey Darcy....Frame? I actually did a poor-man's Vacuum pull. I heated up the styrene, placed the piece over the

the actual fan, the pressed it with a lid...the trimming is the hard part, and you get alot of wrinkles if you're not

careful.

Good job. I was going to do something with sintra, glue it though.