Thoughts on bigger armor

Hi all,

Looking for a suit I can get 501st approved.  Like a lot of folks I guess, I saved up in order to finally purchase a suit (went with RT) but they are no longer making new suits. :(

I'm 5'11", 270... it's like putting Jerome Bettis in trooper armor.  :P 

Anyways, with RT out of the fight for a while, can anyone recommend the best looking suit for that height/weight?  I realize I'll probably have some serious shimming to do. 

Thanks for any and all replies. 

3rd for AM 2.0. I'm about 6'1" and 250, and I got to see a couple of sets of AM armor over the weekend. First off, it looks good. If you wanna go EIB or Centurion, there are some not so expensive tweaks you can do. If you're just interested in approval for right now, you're good to go out of the box. Second, it's huge. I'd heard it was great for us larger guys, but until I saw someone actually working with a set yesterday piecing it together, I was surprised. He was larger than me, kept trying it on and saying "Nope. Still needs to be cut down."

Definitely the way to go is AM. Lots of extra material and its .090" so good and thick! The other plus is the helmet is also proportion on the bigger side so you not trying to put on a disproportionate helmet compared to the rest of the kit!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm same size, 5'11 275 but I bought am the anovos kit back during first tier. I'm hoping I'll be able to make it work. Only time will tell, hopefully it'll work. If not I'll be selling it and trying to save for AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk