Teekay YYC's ANH Stunt (AP) Build

Hi everyone!   Before starting, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has posted their builds & those who commented with feedback!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  So many nuggets of information were found after hours of reading these boards! 

I ordered my AP kit from Mark on May 4, 2015...... ;) I started the build pretty much immediately, and honestly haven't been too diligent with my photos.  But I've got some of which I'll post here shortly with hopes for feedback.  I've completed a lot......right up to the strapping and most painting.  My goal is Centurion status, functionally ready for Halloween, and fully 501st approved for December's release of TFA.

Left to go:

• Belt Assembly
  • Cover strips (final install)
  • Trimming of bite points! 
  • Painting of Tube Vents on helmet, and all rivets
  • Holster purchase and install
  • Neck seal purchase and install
  • Hovi Tip purchase and install
  • E-11 Kit purchase and build
  • Belt Clips purchase and install
  • Fan purchase and install
  • Flexi-hand guards install
  • Miscellaneous Tweaks and Details........

I'll follow up with photos after editing a few with comments, etc.  B)   I look forward to the feedback to my questions, and to anything else you see!

You can fix that scratch with some high grit sandpaper. I've used 800 grit wet/dry sandpaper and have done it wet. Works like a charm and since you're TK I'm sure you plan on polishing everything up at the end anyways. The ear rank looks good IMO. 

• Like 1

Plasti-dip'd the inside.......

img_2347-0.jpg?rev=0

Went with the military pads, and custom lens/mesh, along with the S-trim for Centurion level.

img_2389-0.jpg?rev=0

I'm going to need to replace my lens, as I have glue streaks on one of the lens. Where/how did you get yours?

You can get lens strips from trooperbay. Any dark green welding mask replacement face plate will work as well (harbor freight).

Looking Good Trooper! A little toning down of your black outlines now will mean you won't have to do it later, like when you apply for Centurion. Just chase it around from the inside with the grey paint. Easy. A thin pin stripe is all you want. If you need to remove any paint from the outside edge, a toothpick dipped in paint thinner is your answer.

• Like 1

I'm going to need to replace my lens, as I have glue streaks on one of the lens. Where/how did you get yours?

I finally found a welders shield from Acklands Grainger.......not sure if you have them in the states, but it's an industrial/welding supply store.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my latest update.  I still need to now complete the following:

·         add hovi tips (order placed with Keith)

·         add Echo's fan system

·         do final fit & trim of bite points

·         glue ABS shoulder straps

·         take photos & apply

·         order/build E-11 blaster

The helmet has been completed, more or less.......black trim has been cleaned up & thinned, and vent stripes added.

img_2484-0.jpg?rev=0

My concern over the thighs is no longer......I think they turned out okay.  Except my LH coverstrip sometimes catches a bit on the sniper plate.

img_2464-0.jpg?rev=0

I do have  a new concern......and that's the stainless steel TD clips I made.  The store didn't have aluminum, and just wondered if the Stainless Steel is acceptable.  

I will also say that my end caps were over-sanded which increases the gap between them and the 'control panel'......however I still meet the overall 7.5" length, and I wondered if that will be acceptable.  Not sure what I can do if it's not........

img_3144-0.jpg?rev=0

img_3145-0.jpg?rev=0

And finally........my sniper plate.......my AP sniper plate.  I think I got it quite level, but the ridges took one for the team, so to speak.  Now that it's glued, I didn't want to try to re-heat it and straighten it before getting some feedback from all of you.  Should I leave it, or risk making it look better by trying to fix it?  I like to think of it as 'character'.......

img_3148-0.jpg?rev=1

img_2496-0.jpg?rev=0

Feedback's appreciated! 

I know there's a few obvious things that you'll probably notice, but I want to hear what you think.  These are not my submission photos, just some 'fully suited' pics.

img_3157-0.jpg?rev=0

img_3159-0.jpg?rev=0

img_3162-0.jpg?rev=0

• 2 weeks later...