Kawnr's ANH Stunt AM2.0 Build

It happened! I got home from work to see a big brown box sitting on my doorstep!

IMG_4666_zpsqb0hpuk5.jpgIMG_4668_zpsiu4dnirx.jpgI opened her up and man was it wrapped well. Took be half an hour just to get everything out of the foam wrapping.IMG_4669_zpspuaaeqbq.jpg

But once I got everything unwrapped and laid out, I realized what I had gotten myself into. I have just been sitting and starring at all the pieces for like 20 minutes just trying to figure out where to start! Since the AM2.0 is made with a little extra space for bigger troopers (I'm 5'9'' 180) I'll have a good bit of trimming to do. Not as much as some but still a good bit due to my height. IMG_4670_zpspomfe3dz.jpg

I really want to start with the helmet. (Bad idea?)  

I've done my research. A lot of it. And I think the thing that most worries me is trimming down the thighs, calves and forearms. Those seem to be the parts that will require the most trimming.

Anyway, I'm so excited to start this journey. I can't tell you how many times I refreshed that damn tracking page. Well here goes nothing!

• Like 3

My box arrived today too, but I was already at work when it did, so I don't get to touch it until tomorrow morning.  I'll start my build thread then.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you tackle your build.  I'll be starting with the biceps, and moving down from there... arms, legs, then back up from cod and butt to abs and kidney, then chest and back, then strapping everything together, and THEN doing the helmet.

Also, I have to wait on the helmet since I'm doing a Hero build, and have ATA ears on the way.

But man, this is gonna be fun!

• Like 1

I've decided to go the safe route and start with the biceps. I've cut out 4 15mm cover strips. Now all I need to do is fit measure and trim. Fitting is proving quite difficult with the AM2.0 since there is so much extra plastic. Also, what is the deal with the return edges on these? I know I can trim either the top or bottom, but I'm not sure which.

I've decided to go the safe route and start with the biceps. I've cut out 4 15mm cover strips. Now all I need to do is fit measure and trim. Fitting is proving quite difficult with the AM2.0 since there is so much extra plastic. Also, what is the deal with the return edges on these? I know I can trim either the top or bottom, but I'm not sure which.

You don't have to have return edges on the biceps and forearms. the only requirement is no return edges on the wrist side of the forearms for centurion.

I kept mine on, but after i started to connect all the peices together i could bairly move my arms, so i will be trimming off all the return edges on the biceps.

You can also look at the screen shots of the screen armor and they didn't have any return edges on the biceps.....it's really a personal preferance.

If you leave them the armor looks a little thicker is all.

• Like 1

Tackled the biceps tonight! Well, started them at least. These needed so much trimming. I found that with the AM2.0 it was easier to fit if I trimmed off the ABS I KNEW I didn't need. Then I was able trim them down to fit my arms. I decided to do inner strips since I really want my armor to be as solid as it can be. Now I'll just wait till tomorrow to put the pieces together!Untitled-1_zpsvjdajiyu.png

Got the biceps all clamped up! Then tomorrow I'll just add the cover strips and I'll be done...with the biceps...IMG_4680_zpseh5p6qx1.jpg

Has anyone else with the AM2.0 had any trouble with how large the forearms are? Am I going to have to trim them lengthwise? They pretty much take up the entire length of my forearm and leave little room to bend at the elbow. I'm worried that if I need to trim them lengthwise, I'll lose one of the notches on the top? Has anyone else run into this issue? 

IMG_4681_zpsn9ffxveh.jpg

Last question for now. The arm with 11 notches is for the left, correct?

I was wondering if I could get in contact with someone who would be willing to help me get a set of armor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Also, go over to the new user forum and introduce yourself!  (:

Has anyone else with the AM2.0 had any trouble with how large the forearms are? Am I going to have to trim them lengthwise? They pretty much take up the entire length of my forearm and leave little room to bend at the elbow. I'm worried that if I need to trim them lengthwise, I'll lose one of the notches on the top? Has anyone else run into this issue? 

Last question for now. The arm with 11 notches is for the left, correct?

I'm at this same point on my build (of course)... The AM arms are really long, and when test-fit with gloves, they ride up right on the hand plates, so they NEED to be cut down.  So, cut the wrist edge back a notch, then fold down the extra plastic left from the bump? (I know there's no return edge, but there would be a big gap on the top/back of the wrist otherwise.)  

I think the right arm is the one with the really pronounced curve at the elbow, and the left arm is more straight-cut.  That seems to make sense for holding a blaster.  Any advice for us would be appreciated, though!

Fitting my calves last night and my armor finally drew first blood! IMG_4690_zpszfhm5jih.jpg

Putting these with the right parts was such a chore though. I almost went crazy thinking I was shipped two left legs. But once I found THIS everything became so clear. If you're having trouble with these definitely check that link out.

As a fellow AM builder, when you did your forearms, did you reduce the width in gradual strips ?

I have been looking at mine and trying to see how much I need to trim from the width, it's nice to have extra, but it sure gets in the way when trying to get a fit.

I can see my build as being very very slow.

As a fellow AM builder, when you did your forearms, did you reduce the width in gradual strips ?

I have been looking at mine and trying to see how much I need to trim from the width, it's nice to have extra, but it sure gets in the way when trying to get a fit.

I can see my build as being very very slow.

I did trim off the plastic I knew I wouldn't need. That made it a little easier to fit. I actually just completely re-did my forearms. (I noticed they were a little too big after I glued them the first time) You can always take off more, just never take off too much!

Almost finished with the calves! Just waiting for them to cure overnight. I had to trade off doing the fronts and backs since I didn't have enough magnets. Then all I need to do tomorrow and add some velcro.IMG_4705_zpsn5ztshm8.jpg

I also fitted and trimmed my thigh pieces tonight. I'll sand them and add the finishing strips tomorrow when my magnets are ready! I may even go buy some more to speed things along...

IMG_4706_zpswrd2pt9i.jpg

Almost forgot! I also started on the helmet today! Just fitted it together with a couple screws and good ole blue tape in the back. But I think I'm going to save putting it all together for last.IMG_4704_zpsgxnuw5xe.jpg

• Like 1

So I've been working hard these past few days. I trimmed my thighs so they're shorter. Cleaned up all arms and legs. Sized and trimmed my torso. Started on my helmet. And began the long a tedious task of making all the snap plates! I don't have pictures of everything I've done. I'll update more when I get home from work.IMG_4793_zpsu8leogrm.jpgIMG_4794_zpsumoipomq.jpgIMG_4795_zpszyluysvg.jpgIMG_4796_zpsukppykvf.jpgIMG_4797_zpsh1om6qua.jpg

What you have done so far looks really good.  I'm about to put the sniper knee on, and noticed a big gap under the middle of it.  I guess that gap is OK?  I always thought it was flat to the armor on all three sides.

You rounded off the snap plates a lot more than I did!  I just trimmed off the corners with my curved lexan scissors, but left the rest of the edges straight.

Almost done with my right calf, then it'll be time for thighs.  I guess I'll be working on those while wearing my compression pants.  That'll be fun.  (:

And then the whole torso, which I haven't even touched yet. Oi.