Another New Rubies ANH E-11 build

Handyman84

I am new to this - ordered the Anovos kit and in the mean time I am working on getting the other items to complete the costume. I just ordered 2 of the new Rubies E-11 blisters from target online. Both for less that $30. I am planning on doing one up as basic as I can for approval and work on really improving the second as much as possible. Will update when I actually get the box!

Any tips from the pros here?

Hey John,

I'm not a "pro", but I'm good with my hands, and a little creative.

you can check out my rubies e-11 thread in my signiture for some ideas. (see below)

They don't look to bad, and w/ some mods, they can turn out pretty good.

Can't wait for the pics.

Good luck! :duim:

Howdy.

Yes, your thread is actually the one that convinced me to buy rubies to start out with. Have you found a specific threat or source that you used for reference for what is needed to get these up to spec? There is so much info out there it is hard to sift through.

I used the CRL on the 501st website as a referance.

But to be honest....i just looked at a lot of pics and went from there.

I had some spare lamp parts from when i worked at a lighting store, so i;m sure i can make some power cylinders that are close.

best advise is to go to a local hardware store (one that sells nuts and bolts and other stuff in small quantities) and try and find things that look close enough to what is on the gun.

The Rubies is better than the hasbro, because it has the scope, the butt stock and the T tracks and the counter as well.

I'm still working on mine and have a few more ideas on how to mod it.

Keep checking by thread every once in awhile for more ideas.

Also you did the right thing by posting a build thread. Everyone here will give you great advice and feedback!

I wonder if the DoopyDoos has to kit would help with this thing at all.

The doopy doos kit for the hasbro wouldn't work on these blasters...

the reason the doopy doos is needed for the hasbro is because it doesn't have the folding stock and some other thing found on the blaster.

The Rubies has the correct amount of T tracks, the d-ring, the counter, the folding stock and the scope. the only things that are missing is the power cylinders and the latch to hold the stock on the bottom back of the blaster.

I think the rubies is smaller than the hasbro as well and the doopys kit wouldn't fit....