ROTJ "CFO" TK Build - TK3645

Well...here comes another ROTJ CFO build  :D

I've had the armour for a few months now and seeing the other build threads that have recently start from K@nne and Stubacca I thought it about time I join the club and pull my finger out by starting the build  ;)

This will be my first build from scratch...I've previously brought a ANH suit (FX) some years ago that was 60% finished to which I completed to a clearable standard.

My aim is to build a replica ROTJ suit/lid with screen accurate details like the strapping and weathering..

I have started the trimming process.....I began with small steps i.e. handguards, TD parts, drop boxes and shoulder bridges just to get my confidence.

I will post up some pics of my progress soon but so far it's all good..

My Armour/Kit overview is as follows -

Armour / Lid with Harness (CFO)

Blaster - Resin MGC E11 from CFO

Neckseal - Rebelscum

Undersuit - Under Armour 2 piece

Boots - Chelsea boots (to be painted)

Gloves - Rubber washing up gloves from CFO

Belt - Polypro from CFO

Holster - Need to adapt an old ANH Holster or I may do without (Many screen ROTJ TK's had NO holster so I may go that route)

Voice Amp - ROMFX

Looks like the ROTJ TK's army is growing from strength to strength  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Better late than never.....I've finally got some pics to show you guys  :)

As I said previously I began with the smaller pieces to get the confidence to tackle the bigger pieces....

HPIM0547.jpg

HPIM0546.jpg

HPIM0544.jpg

HPIM0543.jpg

HPIM0542.jpg

HPIM0541.jpg

Today I made a start of the helmet...

HPIM0548.jpg

HPIM0549.jpg

HPIM0550.jpg

I also made a start on the ears  :icon_beg:

HPIM0537.jpg

I think the end caps for the TD are OK? they are 20mm high..

With the drop box's is it screen accurate to have a back as per ANH or with ROTJ were the back's missing?

Also I starting to order the elastics for the strapping...I'm going for a screen used setup (as per CFO's drawing) so what size's of elastic do I need?

Thanks

TK3645

The drop boxes had backs in RotJ as well .

Will enjoy watching your build.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great job so far. If you have any questions let us know, we Stu and myself we still newbies but we can try to support you.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 2

Great job so far. If you have any questions let us know, we Stu and myself we still newbies but we can try to support you.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris

Your build is looking great aswell...Your really cracking on quick  :)

I see your waiting for some inner drop boxes...did you order from Kevin Weir (KW Designs)? I'm also looking to order some but I believe Kevins inner box is too small in height for the CFO outer box...Or did you order from somewhere else?

Also I see your strapping the suit as per the CFO diagram..I'm also going that way - Screen accurate...I've seen your picture of the strapping Pack but can you let me know the sizes of the elastics your using so I can order some..

Oh and what is the height you have on the end caps of the Thermal D...I have 20mm..Is that about right?

Thanks

Bryan

Cheers

Chris

I can tell you what not to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can tell you what not to do!

Especially how to wear the leg armor correctly 😂😂😂
  • Like 2

Thanks Chris

Your build is looking great aswell...Your really cracking on quick  :)

I see your waiting for some inner drop boxes...did you order from Kevin Weir (KW Designs)? I'm also looking to order some but I believe Kevins inner box is too small in height for the CFO outer box...Or did you order from somewhere else?

Also I see your strapping the suit as per the CFO diagram..I'm also going that way - Screen accurate...I've seen your picture of the strapping Pack but can you let me know the sizes of the elastics your using so I can order some..

Oh and what is the height you have on the end caps of the Thermal D...I have 20mm..Is that about right?

Thanks

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

I am not sure if the inner boxes of Kevin will fit into the CFO boxes and nobody could confirm that. So I ordered a pair to check that by myself. I will let you now as soon as I got them if they fit without our with modification or not :)

According your question for the strapping. I can measure the different elastics for you, but It would be much easier to order the strapping package directly from Mark. In the package everything is included you need for the strapping and I was not expensive and shipping costs within the UK should be no so high.

But If you wan me to measure the elastics let me know I can do that.

Cheers

Chris

Especially how to wear the leg armor correctly

Ha! Yep I'm not going to get rid of that am I! Will probably put my helmet on backwards when it's finished

• Like 2

Hi Bryan,

I am not sure if the inner boxes of Kevin will fit into the CFO boxes and nobody could confirm that. So I ordered a pair to check that by myself. I will let you now as soon as I got them if they fit without our with modification or not :)

According your question for the strapping. I can measure the different elastics for you, but It would be much easier to order the strapping package directly from Mark. In the package everything is included you need for the strapping and I was not expensive and shipping costs within the UK should be no so high.

But If you wan me to measure the elastics let me know I can do that.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris, I'm pretty sure Kevin's inner drop box is for ANH Stormtrooper's and the ROTJ Stormtrooper's box is a little bigger but see what arrives and please let me know  ;)

With the elastic's if you could measure the size's and approx length's needed that would be great....

Thank's

Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Had some time over the weekend to continue the trimming -

Shoulder Bells -

HPIM0588.jpg

HPIM0587.jpg

HPIM0580.jpg

Belt

HPIM0586.jpg

Biceps - Needs more trimming I know.

HPIM0591.jpg

HPIM0589.jpg

Helmet - Started eyes

HPIM0581.jpg

HPIM0585.jpg

Slowly but surely the build process is ticking over nicely  :)

• Like 1

Can anyone post up some good close up pics of their Biceps trimmed and assembled...I've looked at everyone's build thread's but can't quite see the biceps close up (need to check the trimming lines/cuts before I assemble)  ;)

Thanks guys.