Correct white adhesive for elastics

Hi, Troopers!

I'm currently in the midst of my first build, an RS Prop Masters ESB stomtrooper, which has been coming along very nicely. Looking at reference photos and build thread for years has payed out.

Now, I'm definitely going for a screen accurate everything build here, with all the uglyness of the original (which is so beautiful! :D)

I have, however, hit a dead end when it comes to finding an adhesive to replicate the white glue used for instance to connect the thighs with the elastics. Troopermaster mentioned in an older thread

using Stelmax 1985 (white?), but I'm unable to find that in Germany. It'd be a shame if my quest for accuracy would fail at finding the correct glue!

Help me FISD, you're my only hope!

Oh, one more thing. I bought the accurate strapping from RS, which has worked great. I've got all the little straps figured out, except for two. They're in the same bag as what I presume to be the loops that you glue into the shoulder bells, only slightly shorter. I just can't place them anywhere!

Thanks!

I don't think it's so much the look but this stuff holds elastic well to ABS.

Ahh, good to know.  Trying to plan as much of my build as I can before the armor gets here.

Thanks and sorry to hijack your thread Stig :)

Nimm diesen hier..

-----------

..bevor ich ihn kaufe!

(Take this one, before I snap it!)

Edit: OOps, sorry, it's the clear one. But I'm sure it'll pop up on ebay sooner or later!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 5/14/2015 at 11:55 PM, Sonnenschein said:

Nimm diesen hier..

-------------

..bevor ich ihn kaufe!

(Take this one, before I snap it!)

Edit: OOps, sorry, it's the clear one. But I'm sure it'll pop up on ebay sooner or later!

Ah Mist! Trotzdem vielen Dank für die Mühe!  :duim: 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Alright, a little update. 

After failing to find a ready made glue that cures to be white (who'd want that anyway!?) I improvised. 

So here it is, ghetto-style:

I mixed some regular E6000 with white spray paint I got for my bucket and it seems to dry nicely. Looks spot on, too!

17502002900_81f85f7e6c_z.jpgWhite glue by kbrck114, on Flickr

The only down side to the e6000+Paint combo is that the Stelmax 1985 glue is a really strong adhesive that tends to warp a little the areas where it is glued with the ABS. You won't get that effect with e6000.

I know something even better:

COSMOFEN PLUS, the company is called WEISS

This is PVC glue that is used for glueing the plastic frames for triple glassed windows, doors, etc.

I used it for my build exclusively and it behaved 100 percent like stelmax insofar as it is white and melts the plastic, if you use too much.

You can speed through yourbuild, because if you glue something you have to press it together for like ten minutes and you are good to go and can move on to the next part.

No 24 hours waiting time ...

Google it and compare prices.

The prices range from 2,50 euros to 14,-euros.

A big tube is enough for 10 armors.

Edited by Bone

Thanks for the numerous replies. 

I think I'll be sticking to my E6000 method, just feels safer, since I can rip it off if need be. Considering I'm fairly tall, I have the feeling I might need to adjust my strapping at some point. 

This is also where I'll have to give my obligatory mention of just how awesome E6000 is.