M38 Scope build from DD resin

Squimspickle

Absolutely lost for words.......................

Well not quite but I guess my only comment can be wow...

So as I'm getting a Stirling and converting it I've now ordered 2 dd scopes and 2 monocular, I'm one of those that has a spare 'just in case'

I'm going to attempt this to the best of my ability HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

One question though (for now) the smaller front lens on the unpainted pic seems to have a black surround, did you put the lens in with its full housing in?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Edited by AWOL

Absolutely lost for words.......................

Well not quite but I guess my only comment can be wow...

So as I'm getting a Stirling and converting it I've now ordered 2 dd scopes and 2 monocular, I'm one of those that has a spare 'just in case'

I'm going to attempt this to the best of my ability HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

One question though (for now) the smaller front lens on the unpainted pic seems to have a black surround, did you put the lens in with its full housing in?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Your too kind, and thank you very much! It's great to hear when someone appreciates the work you put in. Good idea getting a spare.  I got lucky my first shot but it could have easily gone the other way, lol. Just take you time when your drilling it out.

Yes, I used the plastic housing rings from the monocular. I look forward to seeing your build!

I used your build as a reference for making my scope. My lense is blue instead of red. Thanks for the tip on heating up the scope and crayon. It made life so much easier.

Oh that's great! Glad this thread helped out. I would LOVE to see a pic of your blue lens. Blue is my favorite color and I bet it looks sharp!

• 1 month later...

Love your thread. <br>

I drilled through my Doopy scope and fitted the lenses from Tino's completion kit. Unfortunately I made a right mess of it when fitting the lenses and ended up with CA glue all over the small lenses ( I fitted the second small lens from the monocular half way down the main scope body ). <br>

Have ordered another scope from Doopy so that I can start again. Hopefully I can get it to the same standard as yours.

Using CA glue you risk fogging the glass. Try to use a glue that won't fog, such as a contact adhesive, or better yet don't use any glue at all - with my scope the holes I drilled are a really tight fit for the lenses and I only had to push them in, although it took a while to get them all the way in to position.

Dan

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yeah going to have to go a different way with fitting lenses. Actually managed to get a new scope from Doopy without having to wait for for stock!!!

I'll try using resistance fit like you suggest. Thanks.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love your thread. <br>

I drilled through my Doopy scope and fitted the lenses from Tino's completion kit. Unfortunately I made a right mess of it when fitting the lenses and ended up with CA glue all over the small lenses ( I fitted the second small lens from the monocular half way down the main scope body ). <br>

Have ordered another scope from Doopy so that I can start again. Hopefully I can get it to the same standard as yours.

Thank you. Good Luck.  a snug fit would be your best bet. If you use the plastic rings surrounding the lenses that come in the monocular you could use a little super glue on the ring.  But as stated above, you would want to try and avoid getting any glue on the lens itself. It's normal for me to have to do things twice, too. I got lucky on this part of the project.

• Like 1