iLLuSiOnZ_09 ANH Stunt Armor Build (*ATA)

Awesome work! Yeah, I had about an hour window last night to do my box so I just winged it. Looking forward to see your trooping photos. Mine is next Saturday so I'm in just as a mad dash as you are to get things dialed in. 

• Like 1

A couple touch ups i did before the first troop this weekend.

I trimmed a bit extra on the sniper plate so its not too fat.

IMG_2127.jpg

I also put a little strip of velcro (fuzzy side) on the bottom of the shins to not scratch the boots.

IMG_2128.jpg

Then go to the trooping event. It was a wedding, so we do not have official troop pics. The CO is going to reach out to the bride of some pics to have of the event.

What I did do is take some basic approval pics before the event:

A biker scout helped suit me up, so there are a couple of positioning issues that needed to be addressed once I finally saw the pics lol.

- My left bicep needed to be rotated so that it fits proper and that the shoulder bell aligned properly as well.

- My belt was on too tight so it created a bit of overlap on the sides and pulled the back down.

- I also noticed that i will have to put some padding behind the sniper plate to make sure it sticks out and does not fall under my thighs.

IMG_2142.jpgIMG_2144.jpg

IMG_2145.jpgIMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2143.jpgIMG_2148.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

These are perfect for basic approval to get my TK number. When I do my official EIB application I will touch up and make sure my armor is correct for the pictures lol.

I will have another TK review as I take the picture lmfao.

Some random pics of the night. As i mentioned, once we get pics of the actual event I'll post those.

IMG_2150.jpgIMG_2151.jpgIMG_2153.jpgIMG_2152.jpgIMG_2154.jpg

Photobooth pic!

IMG_2155.png

• Like 1

Ok, I submitted to the GML for approval. 

I shouldn't have any issues.

Once I get my TK approval, I will touch up the sniper plate (and anything they may need me to lol) to submit for EIB status.

Display%20Picture.jpgIMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2264.jpgIMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

Naturally, I did many poses to see what I liked for my Display Pic lmfao!!!

Edited by illusionz_09

• 2 months later...

Quick Update:

So i have done a couple of troops already and I have loved every minute. Below are some examples (Hospital Troop & Diabetes Walk) to just name a few.

IMG_2805.jpg

jdrf1.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

Yes, I am always the Shorter trooper. I'm 5'8" so most of the times I am the shorter trooper lol.

Anyway, I am doing a troop for May the Fourth and I wanted to make sure I made it that much more special. So i decided to integrate an audio system so i can speak and interact.

I purchased the Aker 1505 VoiceBooster Speaker, which comes with a mic as well. Aside from having a speaker, i wanted to incorporate a voice changer as well; so i downloaded the TKVoice app on my iPhone and bought a splitter to i can create a speaker/mic combo to use.

Eventually I may buy an iComm and wireless mic, but for now the set up works perfectly.

Needless to say, velcro is my friend for this job. Placement was tricky since I work out and my chest area was snug as it is for the ATA armor.

But i did find the perfect spot for everything.

The low center chest are was the best spot for the speaker. I put it upside down to keep the wires in the center.

1_1.jpg2_1.jpg

The established where my phone will be going and put the wiring with velcro pieces. The phone will be in the center abdominal area where there is an indention (other side of buttons)

3_1.jpg4_1.jpg

Then put my phone and completed the system. For reference, I have an iPhone 6S

5_1.jpg6_1.jpg

It may change a bit once i troop in person at the event, but after playing with it for a little while (and asking my wife a numerous amount of time "how does this sound?" lol)

I came to the conclusion that I am happy with these settings for the TKVoice app.

0.png

Should be a fun troop!

TK-11802 now truly ready for action.

P.S. I still need to take my submission pics for Expert Infantry. I have everything necessary, just need to take the pics.

Just don't forget to put your phone on airplane mode or people will ask why is that stormtrooper ringing?!

lmfao. that would be awkward!

I could play it off and say Vader is calling me, but you're right; airplane mode is a must