iLLuSiOnZ_09 ANH Stunt Armor Build (*ATA)

Nice progress!

Almost there lol...

I admit I am being pretty meticulous though  :D

At least once i finish my shins i should be done. Unless there are any touch ups I need, but thats more preference.

I cut and cleaned the sniper plate

156.jpg157.jpg

Front strips (20mm) all done for both the shins.

158.jpg

Now to work on the back of the shins.

For now I'm going to use velcro (maybe later i'll add the screen accurate straps clips)

In order to get more surface area for the velcro to adhere, i created a slip where underneath the back shin strip I will have some open space for the velcro to sit flush.

I started working on the right shin to save the sniper plate for last lol.

159.jpg

Now that it was cut (and then i lightly sanded edges) I cut out the back strip (25mm) and Zap a Gapped it.

160.jpg

I also have the 25mm strip cut out for the left shin.

Ahhhhhhhhh I'm so close to finishing lmfao.

As I mentioned on top, i'll take progress pictures tonight. My shins should be complete lol.

That way I will have my full armor complete, just need touch ups.  :smiley-sw013:

At this rate you may be Centurion this time next year  :dancing-trooper:

lmfao. 

I mean I was shooting for Centurion standards  lol.  :P  :56pullhair:

that way its easier to get Basic approval and EIB.

Eventually I'll get a new blaster for Centurion and get my flexible handguards.

Looking Good! Is there a reason you removed the return edge on the knee plate?

Honestly there was not much detail out there on if the sniper plate needed a return edge or not. 

As far as practicality, i figured this way it shouldn't scratch the thighs when i walk.

Shouldn't make much a difference once its on i guess...

You have a hand guard source in your own garrison now! I'm just teasing you since we started our builds around the same time. 

Granted, but Since my daughter was born on June 2nd, i didnt touch it for almost 6 months!!! wow.

If you do the math its not that bad then. It has been 11 months since i got my armor - 6 months of baby no touch = about 5-6 months of completing the full armor from head to toe.

Don't judge me, i'm trying here lol...  :duim:

Ok everyone... lots of progress here. Practically done.

So I installed the sniper plate.

Since I accidentally removed the return edge on it, I already ordered a replacement sniper plate from ATA. It will be here on Friday and i will replace it. (I barely put glue to make it easy to change)

161.jpg162.jpg

First I cut and sanded the shins, to make sure they do not scratch my boots. Then, using the velcro method (eventually i'll add the hooks) I finished the shins.

163.jpg164.jpg

Then finally put on the full armor to test it out and see what needs touching up. 

(Not official submission pics)

IMG_1989.jpgIMG_1990.jpgIMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2003.jpgIMG_1994.jpg

And then had to show my daughter lol...

IMG_1983.jpg

My sniper plate came off since the angle i had it came it off with the thigh. Either way I want to install the new one once it gets here so I dont mind. Gives me the push to install the new one quick when it gets here.

So as of right now I'm basically done. Minor touches that need to be added.

-1/8 inch elastic to hold down the shoulder straps.

-forgot to put on my thermal detonator

-install new sniper plate (when arrives)

-tighten up shoulder straps that hold biceps
-I'm also going to buy a new compression top since the "under armor" logo is still seen on my neck a bit

Please let me know if there is anything else you see that needs to be addressed.

I'll post my official final pictures when I have everything perfect lol...

So while I was waiting for my replacement sniper plate, I took care of some other things on my list there.

Added the 1/8 inch white elastic for shoulder straps (once i wear the armor i will move them back into the correct position)

171.jpg

I also adjusted/fixed the bicep straps inside the shoulder bell. Used E6000 so that i can easily change/modify later if needed.

172.jpg

left/right

174.jpg173.jpg

I also decided to put a fleece fabric liner inside my storage bin so the armor doesn't get scratched/damaged during travel.

I am also going to line the top handle area with another pattern I bought, but i'll do that tonight hopefully

175.jpg176.jpg

177.jpg

I was able to cover all this with about 2 yards. I have left over of this fabric that i'll use as like a blanket to cover the armor after going in.

So now what i have left on my armor is:

- Install new sniper plate

- Get new black compression top

It was also told to me that my buttons are painted a bit too big. I may use some paint thinner to make the ab buttons a little smaller.

My first troop is this Saturday, so hopefully I have no issues lmfao.

What did you use to keep the fabric on? Doing this on my box too. 

Just a glue gun. You just have to be patient and work in sections, but gets the job done!

as far as the fabric goes, i got mine from Joann Fabrics.

• Like 1

I got the fabric from there too and even bought one of those thin kitchen foam mats you stand on when washing dishes to line the bottom of my box. I got the much shorter Husky box so I can't give a lot of real estate up. I'll be working on this tonight and will post pictures on my build thread. Thanks!

• Like 1

Your storage bin looks awesome....did you just glue the material directly on?  Did you put padding as well?

Yes, just straight up Hot Glue Gun.

and no, no padding. Since the fabric is fleece material is has a decent amount of cushion on it. For now it does the trick lol.

• Like 1

Now that I'm looking at your bin again I see my fatal flaw. I used one piece of fabric and E6000 the crap out of it in place then trimmed the scrap. Mine looks janky but it serves it's purpose I guess. I'll post a picture after work. 

Now that I'm looking at your bin again I see my fatal flaw. I used one piece of fabric and E6000 the crap out of it in place then trimmed the scrap. Mine looks janky but it serves it's purpose I guess. I'll post a picture after work. 

Yup, definitely did each panel in sections. Makes it much easier to work that way.

I thought about E6000, but cure time is a b*tch for these purposes.

Hot glue gun is efficient and dries fast enough.

Terrell from ATA was quick as shucks. 2 days shipping for my new sniper plate, got here last night. (old/new)

IMG_2097.jpg

Since I have a troop on Saturday i got straight to work.

Trimmed the sniper and glued on to the left shin.

Used a combo of Zap a gap & E6000.

Zap a gap for the center and tips of ends to hold everything solid in place, then E6000 in the ends to make it more structurally sound (for gaps)

IMG_2100.jpg

Did not want to make the mistake of cutting too much off lol... Left some just in case I need to trim later.

Basically the armor is now completed!

Spyder560 asked me a question about my belt/garter system to holding up my thighs.

Originally i created my own belt, but honestly it was too stretchy/soft and was not allowing the tight fit I wanted.

So I have been using an old leather belt I had at home and used that instead. Works like a charm. Nice and tight fit (while still adjustable) and fits inside the loops I created as well.

(I put a light shirt on and tucked it in for visual positioning purposes of the belt)

IMG_2102.jpgIMG_2103.jpg

IMG_2106.jpg

Btw, I don't think I have mentioned it before but I am 5'8'' / 170 lbs.

Hope this helps.

Saturday I'll take finished picks and post them up.

Along with my finished Storage bin.

Oh i forgot to mention.

I'm thinking of adding some padding inside forearms, behind the sniper plate, and anywhere else I deem necessary.

I also want to put some velcro (furry part) on the bottom of the shins to not scratch the boots.