Odontoblasters ATA Bucket Build

After years of wishing I finally made the next step to build some armor.

I have started with the helmet since the armor has a very long wait list. Here things are after trimming the eyes and frown. Any suggestions here? I still need to trim the brow back a little I think but measure twice and all.

20150427_180550.jpg

Now I moved to the cap. This is where I'm getting hung up. Do I need to extend my cut back further to the edge of the traps?

20150427_180430.jpg20150427_180416.jpg

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Chris and welcome to the FISD.

Here is a link to the ANH Stunt frown reference. Would suggest to enlarge the openings a bit.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/album/36-helmet-frown-a-new-hope-stunt/

Regarding the cut in your cap: just add the brow and you'll see where it ends in the traps. A deeper cut allows the brow to be a bit longer.

Thanks for the reference pics Tino. I went through and opened things up on the frown a little more. I think it turned out better.

20150427_180550.jpgNew%20Frown.jpg

I didn't have time to mess around with the brow tonight. I guess my question there is should the brow extend to the far edge of the traps?

Thanks again

Edited by Odontoblaster

Good job on the frown!

Regarding the brow: Depending on what specific type of stormtrooper you build, you can check the "Photo References - Gallery" (link is on top of this page) for screen shots.

On my trooper I did it like this: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28549-fully-finished-anh-stunt-tk-15mm-abs-from-troopermaster-with-some-modifications/

Edited by T-Jay

• 6 months later...

Well after far to long a lay off. It is time to get back to work. So I made to plunge to join the face, cap and back. I would like to get a little feedback on placement before I move on to ears and such.

40282d46-ba41-4f2d-b3f4-cf8019a2f46a.jpgd460b022-9757-4e19-a837-73236ba9c872.jpg20151109_163933-1.jpg

I haven't really trimmed the opening for the neck yet so that I can adapt everything once the ears are done. As things stand now there is no way I can get my head in, but I figure that will come later.

Thanks

Edited by Odontoblaster

• 4 years later...

Great work, bit hard to make out some of the details as the images are a little pixelated but looks like a nice job from what I can see, well done

• Like 1