Request: How to disassemble EFX ANH Stormtrooper Helmet

I am a student in a composites class and for my final project I will be making a Carbon Fiber Stormtrooper Helmet from A New Hope. I purchased a EFX ANH and need to completely disassemble it to use as a plug for my mold. I have found tutorials on how to take the ears of to mod them but nothing on how to completely disassemble the helmet. It doesn't look too difficult but I was hoping to find some tutorials/tips or pictures before I tried it. Any damage I do to to the helmet will have to be repaired before I make the molds. 

Lenses are screws, but I think everything else is glue and plastic tabs. I think it's a 3 piece helmet (face, cap, back), so you might want to cut it in half with a power saw unless you'd like to be able to reassemble it afterwards.

Edited by charlesnarles

if this is based upon the injection molded multipart helmet there are far more than just 3 parts.

can you show a photo of the outside and inside? it will help out.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/8839-howto-modding-the-mr-ce/

this used to have lots of pics, not sure where they went?

This is the multi-part helmet.  if you are going to make molds of this, you're using the wrong kind of helmet to make

the original configuration on size, shape and parts used.  The Efx is basically the MR version molds just the ownership of the licensing

changed.

if you're going to make a bad replica of a stormtrooper then you can simply make molds from the outside of that.

you're not going to get any better chance of making a mold from the parts used in the MRCE/EFX version.

The version of helmet you have is a re-designed model that was 3d scanned and completely alterd.  EVERY aspect of the design

I suggest that if you're going to mold the helmet you should mold it first,  then break up your components in a second stage.

as the EFX stands it has many parts.

FACEPLATE:  The efx faceplate has distinct cheek sectons on each side. The eye lenses and their spacers and screw mount locations are all non-cannon, The glued in Tusks or 'Hovie-Tips" and Teeth sectons are the incorrect shape in spacing and overall shape.

DOME:  The top of the helmet is made up of 5 distinct separate parts, in addition The Brow rubber trim is the incorrect material and dimensions.

REAR CAP section: Separate from the upper portion of the dome section, clips into the faceplate on each side.

EARS:  The ears are a multi-part unit with separate ear caps

All connections are glued, screwed and not intended for disassembly due to the glue locations on the ears and placement of the screws.

To make a carbon fibre helmet you would be better to get a helmet from WALT here on the boards and use those parts as a good basis for a ONE off..

I have photos of the inside of an MRCE that I could post.  PM me for those.

Edited by TK Bondservnt 2392