SDS Battle Spec Armour

Hey,

I recently purchased a set of Battle spec armour from Sheperton Studios. Had no intention of wearing it, just to look cool in my games room, Then i found out about this place... it all changed!

just the one question really... (for now)

The battle spec is made from Satin finish ABS where as the original (and more expensive) is made from Acrylic Capped ABS, Can the Battlespec be used for EIB or an i out of the game before i start?

I can post pics later to show what i mean

Cheers

Paul

Paul, have a look at the EIB request threads. There are a few SDS EIBs out there off the top of my head.

Once you've found their EIB thread, see if they've got a build thread you can look at. :D

I'm comfortable saying that I think you'll be just fine based on the materials used. Most kits (to include my own) are shiny ABS.

The problem with the SDS armor is that EIB is as high of a level as you can achieve due to the methods of construction. The adhesive is a plastic Insta weld so taking it apart to correct it will only do damage

Hi,

I think the color will not be a problem... I hope so... then other armor are too shiny and get the EIB status.

I wear a Battle Spec too... for the EIB you will have many to do, to change!

Edited by Manutex

I see. I was just curious as most I've seen are the shiny plate. Mine is but not as Shiny.

When I first decided to buy a storm trooper I didn't realise there were so many varients of storm trooper. Eg the stunt anh and the esb troopers!

I think I'll have a trawl through this forum. I'm assuming there's a resource thread where I can source stuff to mod this suit etc.

I see. I was just curious as most I've seen are the shiny plate. Mine is but not as Shiny.

When I first decided to buy a storm trooper I didn't realise there were so many varients of storm trooper. Eg the stunt anh and the esb troopers!

I think I'll have a trawl through this forum. I'm assuming there's a resource thread where I can source stuff to mod this suit etc.

• 1 year later...

The problem with the SDS armor is that EIB is as high of a level as you can achieve due to the methods of construction. The adhesive is a plastic Insta weld so taking it apart to correct it will only do damage

There are plenty of Centurions in the Spanish Garrison with an SDS and it requires no more carefulness than other armors - let's keep the facts as facts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by YIYO

Hey,

I recently purchased a set of Battle spec armour from Sheperton Studios. Had no intention of wearing it, just to look cool in my games room, Then i found out about this place... it all changed!

just the one question really... (for now)

The battle spec is made from Satin finish ABS where as the original (and more expensive) is made from Acrylic Capped ABS, Can the Battlespec be used for EIB or an i out of the game before i start?

I can post pics later to show what i mean

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul, SDS is very popular in yhe Spanish Garrison and we have at least 10 Centurions! This is a fantastic armor that some people talk down about :(

If I can help in any way, let me know! I will be requesting EIB this week :)

ab0ad8c7fca7dd5e522785c33eeb2e7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk