Armor snap alternative

Bones

Hey guys, I am a noob and I have appreciated all of you efforts in "troopers helping troopers". I have tried to do some research but haven't come across this particular idea before and wanted some expert feedback before I tried this out. What are your thought on using webbing cam lock buckles rather than snaps to connect armor pieces. On the positive side it would allow for instant easy adjustment. I have used these in other applications before and they seem to be secure. I really doubt that they could come undone but I am not sure. Other concerns could be that it is too bulky but there are many sizes and I think it would be OK. Thoughts?

I use adjustable straps on my ab/chest to get the right fit, I use snaps everywhere else as I found I didn't need adjustment elsewhere.

Note the thickness of elastic can be different than canvas strapping if you are going to use these ;)

Nate: were you thinking of gluing those in your armor instead of snaps? With snaps there isn't much adjustment to be done once you get the lengths right. That may take a few troops to decide what elastic needs to be changed but as soon as you're dialed in there is no need to mess with it. 

I think if you used those little cam buckle things every time you put your armor together your strapping would be different lengths. Imagine trying to find the right fit every time you trooped. It takes long enough to kit up as is :) Fixed length elastic with snaps is super repeatable. 

-Eric

• Like 1