Clear Coat Automotive Polish?

Hi there-

I half remember reading SOMEWHERE about some kind of clear coat automotive polish that people put on their armor.  In my mind, what I remember was that if you coat your armor with it, you will get a very nice, bright shine, and, it will also help protect your armor from blemishes and yellowing.

Of course, now that I am looking for this thread, I cant find it anywhere!  (Maybe I read it on the Legion forums. Maybe?)

Anyway, does this sound familiar to anyone?  And if so, do you remember the name of the product that was used, and if it really worked?

My first set of Stormtrooper armor seems to have lost it's shine.  I have cleaned it up with Novus polish, but it's not quite enough.   I am building a new set of armor, and I am looking for that "all over shine" look. (I'm going to convert my original set into a Sandtrooper).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

-Tim

if you used novus 2 and not novus 1 then the use of 2 only can leave a haze. or if you have left swirl marks.

using novus 1 is paramount to keeping the protection layer and anti UV aspects intact.  The mistake most people might

make is by not finishing up with novus 1

I've used Meguiars Plastx for almost 2 years now and it's awesome. Just rub a small amount in then wipe right off. It works great for both a shiny finish and removing yellowing. One bottle lasted me about a year doing applications about every 3-4 months.

So I bought Nouvus Polish and it didn't really make it shine did I do the process wrong? Used two and then one your thoughts

Novus 2 will make it shine, Novus 1 will just clean it. But, if you have a mat plastic, it will not do any miracle.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk