Ab plate return trim?

Hi again!  I had to remove the cod from my chest plate, as the button panel was riding up too high in the front.  I did cut the shoulder straps back as far as I dared, and it helped, but not enough.  I would ideally like to permanently glue the 2 back together, but to do this I would need to trim down the return at the bottom of the ab plate so that I can get good contact for the E6000.  I am thinking this would be O.K., as it will be hidden by the belt, but I thought it best to check with the experts first.  Thanks for any and all input!!! 

post-22112-0-61957400-1424704339_thumb.jpg

Since I couldn't cut any more off of the chest piece shoulder straps to raise it up, this was the only alternative.  I have a spinal condition which causes me to lean forward slightly, and it was either shorten the ab plate by cutting off the cod and dropping the ab plate down a bit, or cover up the top of the top of the button panel.  I have taped it up temporarily, and it works out well.   I did take your advice about the cuts you suggested, and it not only looks amazing, the fit is perfect!

Edited by justjoseph63

Tack!  Jag maste foretfarande veta om kanten, dock....  (Sorry if that was wrong, practicing my Swedish). 

Varsågod!

You could leave it as is and connect it back with snaps and elastic to let the cut act as the pivoting point. In case you're leaning forwards I'm guessing that's where the stress lies and why you cut it in the first place. I don't foresee that edge to be a problem using this method, but you can trim it if if you need to. But I recommend leaving it on at first to find out.

It's hard to tell without pictures of the pieces on you, but what you could do would be to create a new return edge at the top of the newly cut cod. It will increase your contact surface if you want to glue them back together (even though i don't see the interest of cutting them in the first place if you do so...), or help preventing the cod to get stuck under the ab section after you will have strapped them together. It will also reduce a bit the height of the whole and maybe allow you to make the ab section sit lower.

post-210.jpg

If you do it, just be sure not to iron too much ABS for this return edge or you will end up with the "bikini cod" syndrome.

Thank you SO much, gentleman.  Lots to think about!  Good call on the "bikini cod" syndrome.  Or worse yet, "Speedo cod"... (which I would only be able to wear in South Beach). B)